• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Savage Lapua Optics Choice

longbow48

Private
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2011
Arizona
Any thoughts on the US Optics SN-3 3.8-22x for mounting and ops on the Savage BA110 .338 Lapua? I have seen this as a choice on a McMillan, just wondering to get my ducks in a row.

Re: Savage Lapua Optics Choice

Do you need FFP or SFP?

How much magnification are you looking for?

Fixed power or variable?

What reticle?

Do you want MOA or MIL adjustments?

What ranges will you be shooting at?

How much elevation travel might you need?

44, 50 or 56mm objective? Is light gathering going to be a necessity.

Will most of you shooting be a known ranges or at unknown distances?

Don't just post your answers to these questions: They are designed to provoke thought on your part, and further research on your part.

Once you are 99% the way to an informed decision, post again and the 'hide can help you finalize your choice.

For reference, you are currently 1% of the way to an informed choice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longbow48</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any thoughts on the US Optics SN-3 3.8-22x for mounting and ops on the Savage BA110 .338 Lapua? I have seen this as a choice on a McMillan, just wondering to get my ducks in a row. </div></div>

For what its worth, I just did a Sako 338LM and went with a US Optics 5x25 Gap

After a lengthy investigation borne from intelligent doers, I have decided on the purchase of the Leopold Mark4 8.5-25X50 LR/T M1 Illuminated Reticle. It is night vision compatible, and also sports the Xtended Twilight Lens System. Paired up with the Leica Rangemaster CRF 1600, I have found a compatible system which meets my objective. There will be both known and unknown targets, as well as various light scenarios (including day/night situations). After scraping the change barrel for these 2 pieces of hardware, I will be looking for night vision apps, and will consult the folks here who have challenged the parts of my brain that often are forgotten. Thank you,