• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage LE rifles

newby

Private
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2008
Rep of Ireland
Anybody got a savage 10fp in .308, what do you think of it? What base and rings did you go with?? what was out of the box accuracy like? How did you find the factory pillars?, are they good enough not to glass bed the action too?

Re: Savage LE rifles

I've got the 10fcp (HS pr. stock) I went with a 20 moa Ken farrel base and a Leupold 6.5-20x50 MKIV. even with the better stock I chose to bed the rifle to eliminate some flex I noticed.
It has quickly become my favorite rifle, accuracy has always been fantastic, I've been able to keep it at 1 moa or less all the way out to 1k.
elkhunt2008003.jpg

elkhunt2008019.jpg

i have a model 10. came in factory savage stock which is very flimsy. I put it in a choate uv. and shoot minute to 1000. I have millet rings and a 16x super sniper on top

Mine is (or was before I sold it) a Savage 10FPLE .308 that is now in a Savage Low Profile Varminter stock. No bedding of the action, only the factory pillars. This thing practically shoots all by itself!!

DK

Racq03.jpg

I think for the money, you can't beat the 10FP! Ditch the shitty factory stock and go with a B&C Tactical Medalist or something similar. Get you an EGW 20 MOA base and some quality rings of your choice in low height and you'll be set!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armourer.308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks for the replies lads, pics were nice too </div></div>

What the hell i will add one more pic of a savage......Not to much longer and it will be in a aics chassis so this stock along with the karstens cheek piece and accu shot mono pod will be for sale as a package deal.
2u72495.jpg