• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage light weight hunter 7-08

DODGE268

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2004
Jackson Ms
Just picked up my new hunting rig today. Got the Savage light weight in a 7-08. Loaded some 120 Barnes and going to see how it shoots in the morning. Initial impressions are very good. Smooth bolt and nicer wood than I thought it would have. Still think a nice Kevlar would have been better than wood but probably would have made it too pricey. Maybe I'll pick up a McMillan ultra light stock next spring. I know I'm a dick for not putting up pictures but my camera is not available right now. I'll post pictures and a brief range report tomorrow.
Patrick
P.S. any suggestions for a good light scope. I have no experience with the light weight Leupolds. Any body have one? Running a Nikon Monarch 3x9x40 right now.

Re: Savage light weight hunter 7-08

If its a hunting scope id go trijican, or a bushy and call it a day

Re: Savage light weight hunter 7-08

Why not try something that is affordable till you see how much you really like the rifle.Go to natchez.com and look at all the mark down scopes and give one of them a try.I have been running sightrons and they look real clean when you are targeting and half the price of a leupold.