• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage Long Action After Market Stock

Awag1000

Interstellar Weapon Systems
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2020
Eastern South Carolina
Not a whole lot of companies make stocks for the Savage long actions. Is there any reason for this? I want a new stock because the accustock sucks. I want to buy a flat top stock and have a local gun smith professionally inlet it. However, I have nowhere near enough information knowing what stocks will work with the savage actions. every time I email a stock manufacturer what I want I just get a super short answer like "we no longer support Savage actions." Is there something crazy different (dimensionally) with savage actions compared to a Remington 700? I really want to get something nice like a Manners stock but, like I have said before I have nowhere near enough information to make a decision yet. Thank you for your time. - Austin

stock/chassis makers (manners/mcmillan) realize 99% of people who run a savage will never spend $1,000-$1,700 on a nice stock/chassis and don't want to spend the amount of time required to program CNCs for them to do 1 or 2 a year

buy a zermatt origin and you can keep the stock savage barrel (and easily buy a replacement barrel nut or shouldered prefit)
WAY more options for stocks, bottom metal, triggers, etc etc etc

stock/chassis makers (manners/mcmillan) realize 99% of people who run a savage will never spend $1,000-$1,700 on a nice stock/chassis and don't want to spend the amount of time required to program CNCs for them to do 1 or 2 a year

buy a zermatt origin and you can keep the stock savage barrel (and easily buy a replacement barrel nut or shouldered prefit)
WAY more options for stocks, bottom metal, triggers, etc etc etc
Gotcha. With that being said, I can buy a flat top stock and just have a gunsmith inlet it?
I have no issue spending the money on a nice stock. My Savage has been good to me so far.
Thanks again for your time. -Austin

if you can find one to do it then go for it

but compare flat top + inletting to origin/ready to go stock

Reactions: Awag1000
MDT, XLR and HS Precison are all good options and make stocks / chassis for Savage. If your Savage is a small shank barrel you can put it on a Big Horn but most of the 110 long actions I see are Large shank and will not work on a Big Horn action.

If you look below in (similar threads) I think you'll find what you are looking for.

You should have gotten a notification when you started posting your thread.

A lot of redundant post are a waste.

Good luck

Hi All
Sorry for the thread hike, I have a savage 110 300win mag in a MDT LSS stock and want to upgrade it to the ess or acc. Are the 300 win mag and 338 lap the same footprint, as my LSS chassis takes a 3.85 accurate mag and wondering if I need to purchase the standard LA chassis and run the 3.75 mags or get the 338lap chassis and run the 3.85 mags.
Thanks