• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage M10PC /16FCSS Stock differences?

Re: Savage M10PC /16FCSS Stock differences?

look on savages site... both synthetic, one black the other camo. one stainless, the other black. 10pc has 2 front studs, 16 only one. stocks could be the same but finished differently. take a look

Looking at the site does NOTHING to answer my questions. You looked and couldn't tell so how will telling me to look help at all?

I THINK the Predator and 16fcss might be the same.
I DON'T think the 10pc IS the same.

I have seen a total of three helpful comments about the stock. Two of which mentioned the grip area being thicker, one mentioning a black LH version which seems to be a different stock fitted for a custom order.

i think you have hit on the best way to get people to help you. be a smart ass in your responses. i will have to try that, i have been trying to act more like a pissy douche bag. thanks for the help.

think about that.

Read my original post, then your "helpful" response. Take note of "..." ("smart arse"), twice telling me to look at the site (like I was an idiot) then telling me you looked at the site and didn't know the answer "stocks could be the same but finished differently". Who was being a "smart ass" and "pissy douche bag"?
I bet we are both happy I toned my reply down
wink.gif

Best not to be so sensitive or go on the attack when people simply respond.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AUJohn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Best not to be so sensitive or go on the attack when people simply respond. </div></div>

best to heed your own advise. see how helpful people are if you keep it up... have fun

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
best to heed your own advise. see how helpful people are if you keep it up... have fun </div></div>

You seem to be confused
smile.gif
You tried to be a "smart arse", I posted a reasonable reply poining out a few facts, you replied all upset, hurt and started with the name calling. I again pointed the facts out, this time in a clearer manner. A simple, accurate response. No name calling, no hissy fits. I don't think people (you) can expect to use the internet as a dumping ground to work off issues and when I see someone doing this I make my opinion clear. You don't get to put crap on people and then tell them "take shit from me or no one will help you". Grow up
wink.gif

I know there are at least two guys on here who have an answer but they are quite busy and not likely to see this. There are not a lot of guys here who do know the answer. No harm in asking.
Stating I won't get help because YOU got YOUR nose out of joint is bloody arrogant and shows you don't understand the guys who are upfront, honest and make this site something above the normal internet forum.

AUJohn... I think you need to go back and read the entire thread. Axe did nothing but try and help. And there was not a single time in those statements did he EVER call you ANY names.

There are several parts of a conversation that can and do go wrong. I think you just took what Axe tried to tell you in the wrong way. Axe did in fact answer your question, if you would read the details. He gave you the differences that he knows about... and then made the helpful suggestion of checking out the website. In NO WAY did he try to state or imply that you were an "idiot".

I will say this though, after seeing how you react to someone "trying" to be helpful... I won't waste my time offering any advise to you. Since you are from Australia... I believe the ending reply to this from me would be... "Good Day Mate".

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">see how helpful people are if you keep it up... have fun </div></div>

You got that right... apparently no good deed goes unpunished!! LOL!!

DK

There are plenty of good guys on here that will help you. Don't worry about those that spend their time cutting you down, just focus on those here that will help you. If you can't find a good answer here, go over to Accuratereloading forum. There are some great guys on there too. Good luck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AUJohn... I think you need to go back and read the entire thread. Axe did nothing but try and help. And there was not a single time in those statements did he EVER call you ANY names.

<span style="color: #FF0000">I think you need to read it again. Here is what we saw. He replied telling me to do something which does not answer the questions I asked. He posted telling me he had just done it and didn't know the answers yet I should.
I replied asking quite a simple question and added some other information.
His reply DID have name calling and he had his nose out of joint.</span>

There are several parts of a conversation that can and do go wrong. I think you just took what Axe tried to tell you in the wrong way.

<span style="color: #FF0000">I took "attitude" from it. You know why? Because it was there
wink.gif

He has an issue over another thread.</span>

Axe did in fact answer your question, if you would read the details. He gave you the differences that he knows about... and then made the helpful suggestion of checking out the website. In NO WAY did he try to state or imply that you were an "idiot".

<span style="color: #FF0000">No he did not. I did not ask if the stocks were painted. I asked if they were fitted with different stocks. Are they? he couldn't tell by looking at the site, I couldn't tell when I had looked (well before his helpful suggestion). Why would you post to tell someone to look at a site then say you looked and didn't know from the information provided?
"stocks could be the same but finished differently"
So he didn't KNOW, couldn't tell from the site
wink.gif
</span>

I will say this though, after seeing how you react to someone "trying" to be helpful... I won't waste my time offering any advise to you. Since you are from Australia... I believe the ending reply to this from me would be... "Good Day Mate".

You are missing a few important points in your assumption I am going at someone who was trying to be helpful
wink.gif

DK </div></div>

The only "negative" thing I could have said to get that reaction from him (starting with the name calling)
"Looking at the site does NOTHING to answer my questions. You looked and couldn't tell so how will telling me to look help at all?"

What "reasonable" person finds this enough to start with name calling?
Now, if the person has an issue over another thread his reaction would look less out of place.
Which is what has gone on. Unless you think his getting wound up and starting with attacks is reasonable?
And that I had replied with anything at that stage which fitted such a response?
Viewing things in context is important. If you had done that you would see his actions were way off base.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">look on savages site... both synthetic, one black the other camo. one stainless, the other black. 10pc has 2 front studs, 16 only one. stocks could be the same but finished differently. take a look </div></div>

AXEMAN gave you accurate information, all three models you reference are on the Savage Arms website in one source, it tells the specifics of each, barrel lengths, cal., etc.___I just read them.

In addition to going to the website, doing your own research and answering your own question this time let me reccommend a good book you should read by the great Dale Carnegie;
http://www.amazon.com/How-Win-Friends-Influence-People/dp/0671723650

what other thread? answer that please, i dont recall any issue with you. im not here for issues. when i come across a person that seems pissy or hits me wrong, i just stop. i posted what i thought would be helpful. you asked an open question, i used the resources at hand and looked at the two models that you mentioned, offered an opinion and thats all. i have never even seen your screen name before. how can i have an issue with another thread? did you come across like this in that thread also?

but id say look at the thread in general and see maybe not who started it, but who kept it up. and if this is you toned down ... wow. maybe its the language barrier between our countries.

now to answer your question, i called savage. its a local call for me. my first thoughts were that a company would only use one basic stock across the product line. while there may be a long or short action difference, bottom metal difference, but i dont see two or three versions of the same stocks unless a vendor could not supply the color required. after a long wait on hold and a conversation with a rep, i found out that ... i can be a real bastard. and that my granfather was right. you really do catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. but i found the answer to you question.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MSG Janoski</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
AXEMAN gave you accurate information, all three models you reference are on the Savage Arms website in one source, it tells the specifics of each, barrel lengths, cal., etc.___I just read them.

<span style="color: #FF0000">All irrelevant. Are they different stocks? As has been said mutiple times, the site does not answer this. It's not that hard to understand. The information is not on the site, it's not available on the site, it's not there. This has been said mutiple times. The fact you can't grasp this indicates your "view" on what has gone on here is also likely to be quite incorrect. </span>

In addition to going to the website, doing your own research and answering your own question this time let me reccommend a good book you should read by the great Dale Carnegie;
http://www.amazon.com/How-Win-Friends-Influence-People/dp/0671723650

There is no information available which answers what I asked. As I have already said, at most I was able to find a few comments from people who had used both. I'm not going to base a purchase on a few comments
wink.gif

</div></div>

Why is your nose out of joint to the extent you ignore facts and start with the insults?
Not a "friend" of a certain person are you?
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what other thread?

<span style="color: #FF0000">The one where you rehash the old Savage case head trick, get pissy that people posted in "your" thread to correct someone (you liked) who was misleading and presenting himself to be something he was not and the go on to attack those smart enough to realise it's important to understand the difference between some one KNOWS enough to offer SAFE advice and those who have little idea. </span>

answer that please, i dont recall any issue with you. im not here for issues. when i come across a person that seems pissy or hits me wrong, i just stop. i posted what i thought would be helpful. you asked an open question, i used the resources at hand and looked at the two models that you mentioned, offered an opinion and thats all. i have never even seen your screen name before. how can i have an issue with another thread? did you come across like this in that thread also?

<span style="color: #FF0000">No but you certainly did ;)Anyone who wants can check up to see your statments above are not "accurate". </span>

but id say look at the thread in general and see maybe not who started it, but who kept it up. and if this is you toned down ... wow. maybe its the language barrier between our countries.

<span style="color: #FF0000">You went off on the name calling over nothing. Is this how you normally act? Are you so delicate people can't point something out to you? That anytime someone does it you fire up and attack them? This is what you did
wink.gif
</span>

now to answer your question, i called savage. its a local call for me. my first thoughts were that a company would only use one basic stock across the product line. while there may be a long or short action difference, bottom metal difference, but i dont see two or three versions of the same stocks unless a vendor could not supply the color required. after a long wait on hold and a conversation with a rep, i found out that ... i can be a real bastard. and that my granfather was right. you really do catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. but i found the answer to you question.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Look, we both KNOW you were wrong. We both KNOW you went on the attack over nothing because your nose was out of joint. You had already been posting veiled attacks in the other thread. Do you REALLY need to show everyone else who and what you are? I can call Savage, I've done it enough times. The cost is low for me. Unless the person has handled the stocks and call tell me what the differences are how does it help?
The M10PC has a shorter LOP and thicker grip. I need trigger reach and a few other bits of information.
This would come from someoe who has used them, not from someone who likes to pretend he knows something on internet forums
wink.gif
</span>

</div></div>

thank god i was getting tired of baiting you. savage said the 10pc is an accustock and the 16fcss was not. unless its a newer model and an accustock, but even the savage gal didnt know for sure, but thought that all the "tupperware" stocks were the same stock same dimension with allowances for long action and bottom metal. one may have an extra sling stud but it should be the same basic stock from what they could tell me.

now, dude what are you talking about? i dont know you, i didnt even know you posted in another thread. ive never even had direct contact or read about dolomite or his version of the bolt lift kit or any of the drama on the other site, which is where the drama should have stayed. i was JUST BORED, i wasnt rehashing. so i made it. just like when i rebarreled. i put together the links that were helpful to me, to try to be helpful to others. and i was pissed that it went from a thread about something to help a problem savage owners have to a bunch of non related shit that should have been handled over pm and not in a DIY thread. and what are you reading into the other thread? veiled? really i dont do veiled. when i though you were a pissy douchebag, i said so pretty quickly. it took you this whole thread to say what your problem is, and its all in your head, lol. if you wanted trigger reach and other bits of info, you should have posted it so i could have asked savage this afternoon when i called. later man, have a good life. i wont try to help you anymore. and i dont do pretend either, i know what i know. g'day mate

funniest part of this is that i responded honestly trying to be helpful to your post. YOU perceived my reply as something it wasnt based on a thread i didnt even know you had posted in and responded with attitude. now who looks foolish? i say good day to you sir, lol, geez john, lighten up. really

"<span style="color: #FF0000">All irrelevant. Are they different stocks? As has been said mutiple times, the site does not answer this. It's not that hard to understand. The information is not on the site, it's not available on the site, it's not there. This has been said mutiple times. The fact you can't grasp this indicates your "view" on what has gone on here is also likely to be quite incorrect. </span>"

You go on and show your ignorance, home page of Savage Arms website, under General heading, Catalog pdf, there is a page and description of each; Model 10 PC-page 15, 16 FCSS-page 9 and the Predators-page 13. Then there are the specification charts starting on page 35 that show them.

Face it...your an obnoxious a__hole (and I'm being polite!), now don't go away mad...just go away.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thank god i was getting tired of baiting you. savage said the 10pc is an accustock and the 16fcss was not.
<span style="color: #FF0000">and THIS is where you have a problem. Having handled the 16FCSS I can tell you it IS an accustock. It's listed as one on the site, it's marked as one, it IS one. So what did you learn by ringing them?</span>

unless its a newer model and an accustock,
<span style="color: #FF0000">LOL. so it is not an accustock but might be?</span>

but even the savage gal didnt know for sure,
<span style="color: #FF0000">Which is why I didn't ring. Ringing does nothing. I COULD contact my contact at Savage and get them to dig the rifles out and check them for me, send the dimensions but I feel this would be a bit of an abuse since they have already been so helpful
wink.gif
</span>

but thought that all the "tupperware" stocks were the same stock same dimension with allowances for long action and bottom metal. one may have an extra sling stud but it should be the same basic stock from what they could tell me.
<span style="color: #FF0000">So, you were a smart arse and in the end still don't know the answer. </span>

now, dude what are you talking about? ...
<span style="color: #FF0000">Yet a short time after posting veild attacks in that thread you started up in here. Maybe you DO fly off the handle at short notice and with minium reason? Like you have done in this thread
wink.gif
</span>

i was JUST BORED, i wasnt rehashing.
<span style="color: #FF0000">Eh? you posted something that is common knowledge. I would call it rehashing
smile.gif

I'm sure those that can't search would have found it useful.</span>

..and i was pissed that it went from a thread about something to help a problem savage owners have to a bunch of non related shit that should have been handled over pm and not in a DIY thread.
<span style="color: #FF0000">you had someone misleading in that thread. It's very important in a forum where people expect the person offering tech help to understand what is and is not safe that it is pointed out when someone has a limited understanding. That's what went on
wink.gif
</span>

if you wanted trigger reach and other bits of info, you should have posted it so i could have asked savage this afternoon when i called. later man, have a good life. i wont try to help you anymore. and i dont do pretend either, i know what i know. g'day mate
<span style="color: #FF0000">and you would have possibly been giving reach on which stock? Which of the two accustock versions?</span>

funniest part of this is that i responded honestly trying to be helpful to your post. YOU perceived my reply as something it wasnt based on a thread i didnt even know you had posted in and responded with attitude. now who looks foolish? i say good day to you sir, lol, geez john, lighten up. really </div></div>
<span style="color: #FF0000">you flew off on the attack over what? Are you so ignorant you can't even see your own behaviour?</span>

somewhere, a bridge is missing you. go away home troll, go away home

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MSG Janoski</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
You go on and show your ignorance, home page of Savage Arms website, under General heading, Catalog pdf, there is a page and description of each; Model 10 PC-page 15, 16 FCSS-page 9 and the Predators-page 13. Then there are the specification charts starting on page 35 that show them.

Face it...your an obnoxious a__hole (and I'm being polite!), now don't go away mad...just go away.
</div></div>

The problem with pretending you have half a clue is that you often make a fool of yourself.
The information I want is not in there
smile.gif
Maybe if you spent more time reading and less on attacking people you might not make such a fool of yourself
smile.gif

note that I had already listed some of the specific information I need when you posted attacking me, using "information" which clearly does not list what I said I was after.
If you can't get that right what makes you think your opinion of me would be correct?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">somewhere, a bridge is missing you. go away home troll, go away home </div></div>

do you not even know what a "troll" is?
Google it. "baiting" and much of your behaviour fits the description.

you know how when you get gum on your shoe and you get most of it off, but there is still that little bit that picks up crap from everywhere you walk? yeah... im done. you have a ranty good time.

john, whatever, im done with you. im not here for this. you have fun, think what you want from whatever posts you want, infer what you want, whatever man. either try a tinfoil hat or the one you have on is too tight or heavy. im not interested in continuing to have any interaction with you. you quote away with your red text replies. glad you have a place to vent. im not here for that. i say good day to you sir.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you know how when you get gum on your shoe and you get most of it off, but there is still that little bit that picks up crap from everywhere you walk? yeah... im done. you have a ranty good time.

john, whatever, im done with you. im not here for this. you have fun, think what you want from whatever posts you want, infer what you want, whatever man. either try a tinfoil hat or the one you have on is too tight or heavy. im not interested in continuing to have any interaction with you. you quote away with your red text replies. glad you have a place to vent. im not here for that. i say good day to you sir. </div></div>

+1 AXEMAN...I mean there's not much anyone can do with a bag of hammers!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MSG Janoski</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1 AXEMAN...I mean there's not much anyone can do with a bag of hammers! </div></div>

Now THERE is a big +1 !!!!

DK