• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage Magazine Question

Looks like an AICS mag in the 10BA. The 10FCP uses Savage mags, so no, I don't believe it will fit.

Same subject, but a different question. What other mags do work in the Savage 10 FCP? I know there are other threads about this, but it seems like a legitimate question here.

Accurate mag makes a bottom metal conversion for the savage 4.4" with side bolt release. It is a drop in replacement for the factory detachable mag bottom metal and uses AI type mags. You can call them for a price. I believe the also ship with a 10 rd mag. IIRC it cost me less for the bottom metal and mag than the CDI would have cost and with the CDI I would have still needed to have it inletted and buy mags. Accurate Mag makes the magazines and bottom metal for the Savage BA rifles

P/N 107404, barcoded 55183 does NOT work in a Savage model 10 FCPK

Can someone tell me if the 10 round magazine for a 10BA P/N 107404 with bottom release fit my 10FCP.

No, it will NOT fit, although http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/2-MGSV55183 says it will. I just (within the hour) took delivery of one and it lacks the locking lips needed (fore and aft).

I double checked around the web before I opened the blister pack (with Savage Arms graphics).

I'm not happy with either Savage OR CTD right now.

CTD got their facts wrong and now I have to 'dance the dance' to return this magazine and Savage does a pissy job of making larger capacity magazines available ... not all of us are deadly accurate when shooting from two counties over and just because the rifle is designed for LE sniper work does not mean that I will never need to engage multiple targets at closer ranges. It would be a shame to have to carry 2-3 rifles with me 'just in case'.

The P/N on the Savage website matched the P/N on the CTD website and CTD said that the magazine fit the FCP.

It does no such thing. The FCP is a bottom magazine release model and the BA is a side magazine release model.

Bill