• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage / Magpul question...

hangunnr

Team Shutupnshoot
Minuteman
May 7, 2002
Flatlandia
First off let me say that I don’t know shit of anything Savage. If this is something simple and I need a beating for asking go ahead......

RUlVT9.jpg

Had a buddy bring this Savage 10 BAS by this afternoon to see if I could see if there was a way to shorten up the LOP. As it sits now it’s damn near 16.25”. To my eye there does not seem to be any way to shorten her up, am I missing something? Is it likely that while the butt stock bolts up that it’s just not compatible with this particular chassis?

I told him to call Magpul but figured I’d run it through here first.....

I haven't messed with any of the savage chassis rifles but have several of the Magpul PRS stocks and that one is fully collapsed for the length of pull adjustment.
The ones I have are gen2 I believe and believe the have a shorter LOP measurement.

Last edited:
Reactions: hangunnr
Thanks for the info. Problem is we need to knock about 2.5” out of it. The mods in that link will only get about an inch from what I read.

Thanks for the info. Problem is we need to knock about 2.5” out of it. The mods in that link will only get about an inch from what I read.

One option and I haven't seen it done but it does have a castle nut so maybe he should reach out to XLR Industries and inquire about compatability.
He could recoup the cost by selling the PRS.

Last edited:
Ive never seen one in person , but it looks like a standard mil spec rifle length buffer tube and AR stock.