• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage Mark II BSEV Build Advice

WeThePeople13

Private
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2020
Maryland
I decided to get back into shooting this summer after a good decade off due to working too much and I am working on a .22 setup for some local rimfire competitions. I ordered a Savage Mark II BSEV, a Vortex 50-25-56 FFP scope, and now I need to decide on the scope mount. I was looking at a DIP Picatinny rail to attach to the barrel which would add 25MOA. I am looking attach a Vortex 34mm cantilever mount which adds 20MOA or a Spuhr cantilever mount which adds 20.6 MOA. I am looking at a total of 45ish MOA and I am wondering if that would be a problem for zeroing at 50 meters? Any advice on the rail and mount would be helpful. Also, can anyone suggest a decent shooting rest (front and rear)? I prefer to pay a little more and get decent gear from the get-go.