• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage Mark II BTVSS opinions? BTVLSS lefty model.

man32ahan

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2018
Fairfield, Illinois
Anybody have any opinions on this rifle?
More specifically, the BTVLSS as I am a lefty.
Basically, I am wanting a cheap left handed bolt action 22 for a trainer/plinking rifle.

I’ve looked at the CZ452, Browning T bolt and some other left handed bolt actions, but I like the BTVLSS because I can swap the stock out for the new Boyd’s At-one stock in lefty.

There’s not many aftermarket stock options in lefty for the above models that’s why I liked seeing the new Boyd’s stock for the savage.

Anybody have any range results/accuracy tests/reliability issues/etc. with the Savage Mark 2s?

Like I said, I’m mainly going to use as a trainer for my 6.5 creed PRS rifle. Not looking to be super competitive at the 22 level just want to be able to go out and have fun as well as hone in some skills.

Thanks in advance.

You’ll hear differing opinions, but I love mine. These are the groups I got trying to find out what ammo it likes. They’re only at 25 yards, but I was still impressed. They’re all 5 shot groups.
91710A89-6186-401F-9E37-AA9F315CE392.jpeg
4DF59CDC-2813-449B-8C28-4A7BEB3B7F3D.jpeg
0951F93E-4396-4F92-99BE-0DA592376463.jpeg
DAF746B3-8573-4C49-8F2A-C22500916106.jpeg
3FCE08FE-D925-4437-A9A8-97D412889F12.jpeg
D5C6CF56-337F-4CF6-96B0-9053FEABE1A9.jpeg

Savage rifles are like picking a Woman up in a bar she might be ok but more than likely has all sorts of bat shit crazy behavior problems. Unfortunately if your left handed and want a 22lr this savage is probably your best choice just buy 2 and keep the one that shoots better.

Yeah I’m screwed as a lefty for cheap bolt action 22.
Don’t like the browning Tbolt.
The cz452 doesn’t have the upgrades that the cz455 has available.

I’ve looked at the magnum research 22s. They’re coming out in 2018 with a ambidextrous side charging semi auto. But, I’ve read a lot of horror stories on the magnum research semis not running right.

If you get one try and buy a couple extra magazines preferably the stainless ones as the ones I have are staked together better than the blued mags. I really think the magazine is the Achilles heel of these rifles. I had to weld two of my 5 round mags to prevent them from separating. After doing that they have fed and functioned for over 500 rounds without a hitch. I really love my mark2 savage. I put it in a chassis and it's a blast to shoot and I'm happy with its accuracy using sk ammo.

Reactions: man32ahan
If you get one try and buy a couple extra magazines preferably the stainless ones as the ones I have are staked together better than the blued mags. I really think the magazine is the Achilles heel of these rifles. I had to weld two of my 5 round mags to prevent them from separating. After doing that they have fed and functioned for over 500 rounds without a hitch. I really love my mark2 savage. I put it in a chassis and it's a blast to shoot and I'm happy with its accuracy using sk ammo.
What chassis? I’m assuming you’re a righty?

Only option I’m seeing for lefty version is new Boyd’s at one stock which I’m fine with.

What chassis? I’m assuming you’re a righty?

Only option I’m seeing for lefty version is new Boyd’s at one stock which I’m fine with.
I'm shooting a right hand savage mk2 22lr but the rifles are nearly identical. It's in a Mcrees G10 Chassis.

Reactions: man32ahan