• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage mark Ii extraction issue

Dildobaggins

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2020
Buddy of mine transfered me a brand new savage mark ii for a gift as being his best man.

Went out to shoot it with CCI standard ammo, and it's a hammer at 75 yards and in. Haven't taken it further yet. Shot about 75 rounds and I'd say about 8 would not extract. I picked them all out with my finger, except the last one. Had to stop shooting because I couldn't get it out.

I've heard a lot about extraction issues with savage in general. Is there anything I can do to refine the extraction, or is this just standard for savage?

Thanks fellas

Take the extractor out of the bolt, increase the angle where it catches the rim of the cartridge and reinstall in the bolt. It will extract 100%

What he said. And don't forget to make sure that the spring clip is tight enough to hold the extractor in properly too.

That being said. I haven't had any issues with my MkII BTVLSS with CCI standard. Though CCI Mini Mags actually shoots better than CCI Standard out of my rifle.

Reactions: Dildobaggins