• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage MARK II trigger upgrade

gorhamlit

wish I was one of the kool kids...
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2009
N.W. Georgia
i took the trigger assembly completely apart, took the housing, squeezed it together so the bottom come together (little off set looking "L" you see in the first picture), and tack welded it close. Then I ground down the welds a little to clean them up, re-assembled, and there you have it.

th_MK2trigbefore2.jpg

It really made the trigger travel more straight back with less slop.

th_MK2trigafter2.jpg

The way I shoot, I need all the help I can get, MmmwwWAaa HA-HA

Re: Savage MARK II trigger upgrade

I've posted pix before. I don't know why these won't show..sorry.

This is another upgrade- but not the trigger. I put a cheek rest on it. Also, thats my new Tasco V/T 6-24...

camosavage.jpg

It's just something I fabricated.

I just didn't feel like spending the 60 bucks on a Kershin (or whatever they are called, I'm not knocking his product because I own one and I love it!) I wanted something for the MARK II but cheaper. Is it pretty? EH! probably not. Adjustable? If I re-drill it...after camo paint, who can tell????

Hell, I like it! I'm just wondering how to make one for my Mark II Savage.....

I have extra material. If you want one I can do it for ...say 10 bucks, you pay shipping. And that includes the nuts and bolts.

cheezdoggie
Did this help the trigger quite a bit? I live in the Soddy- Daisy area and would like to check out the trigger. I have a mark 2 in the .17 hmr. The trigger is nice but am always looking for something lighter.

I am very pleased with the results.

I don't know what a real shooter would think about it, but my guess is they would notice some improvement. It has less slopppp, and it is lighter. If you read in some of the threads, they talk about the spring weight on the actual safety trigger, if it gets too light, it won't function properly. That is true. I can testify to that. I need to dial mine up some. It will hang up if you dial down the preasure too far on that safety trigger feature, and then you have to work the bolt(half way) to reset it so you can fire.

And I modified my main trigger spring. You have to be real carreful with cutting and re-bending it so it works the same, except its shorter.

I bought my Mark II brand new. I ran maybe 100, 200 rounds to it and I started to modify it. I don't regret it.

Right now I am working on a design to upgrade the plastic stock, or totally fabricating one using aluminum and carbon fiber.

If you are not comfortable doing what I did, get help from someone. If you mess it up your trigger, you can always buy a new one, or upgrade with a 200 dollar after market unit.

If you think we can meet some where to shoot, you are more than welcome to try it out. I'll warn you though, every time I have tried to meet up with a Hide member, something always gets in the way. Mostly "Honey-Do" list and kids ball games, which, ya gotta support yer kids, no doubt.....

Hollar at me......