• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage MK II mags????

JC Steel

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2008
Washington State
I have a Savage MK II BTVS in left handed and it came with a 5 round mag. Can I get other mags for this rifle that hold more bullets??? If so where are a couple places to pick some extra mags up at? Thanks so much in advance. -Jake

Re: Savage MK II mags????

I actually like the 5-rounders more. Walmart carries the 10 rounders for ~11 bucks though, so I can't complain too much. I just wish it didn't stick out so much.

You can get 10 rounders from Ellet Brothers for like 13.00 buck. Don't pay to much for I've seen them as high as 40.00. Check the local Wal-mart stores. The one local to me stoped selling all clips/mag's for everything. Had them all on clearance awhile back wish I would have picked a few up, but at the time didn't own a MKII.

I paid $17 each for two 10 rounders at Gander Mountain over Christmas. I couldn't find them anywhere else and knew I overpaid.

Question for you guys with 10 rounders... I got one for mine and it does not feed worth shit.. Seems to have way too much spring tension for the first 3-4 rounds. Did I get a bad one???

I only have one 10 rounder but it feeds fine. The only trouble i've had is the last round sometime jumps up to high and get hung on the tip of the bullet and the chamber face.

The cheapest place that I have found to get MKII mags are from SAVAGE ARMS. If I recall correctly, 5 & 10 rd mags were the same price: $12.00 each with flatrate shipping for up to 6 mags. I think SST mags were a couple bucks more.

I have 10 Savage made ten rounders, bought over a year at Wallyworld. Never had any problems.

i picked up two spares for a total of three at dicks when I saw them because I knew I would regret not buying them..paid 15 each IIRC. Never had a hiccup with feeding

Thanks for the advice. I will look around and go get a couple. -Jake

I have a Savage brand 10 round and it often misfeeds the last one.

I prefer the 5 rd anyway because it's a good mental reset. If I fire 10 in a row I'm usually impatient by the last one.

Well I messed with the feed lips, no luck. I cut a couple of coils of the spring and now it runs like a champ.