• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage mk2 FV

Camo_crawler

Private
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2009
I just wanted to share that i put one on order and should be picking it up next week. I am going to make it into a trainer that will be almost exactly the same as my 10fp mcmillan stocked rifle. I will keep posting once i receive the rifle and post a range report for it before i swap out my stock to the new one i am ordering for it (which is going to be custom made out of wood to mock my mcmA3 on my 10fp.) Just a short list of things i plan on doing:
Savage mark 2 FV
EGW 20moa 1 piece base
custom made stock to mock mcmA3
optics: hmmm... any suggesttions would be great<mildot,target/tactical turret knobs, at least 50moa of internal adjustment> was thinking of a nikon buckmaster,wotac,mueller APV or tactical and hawke optics??? not looking to spend more than the wotac price $329 for a .22lr
and a tac ops bolt knob

matt

Re: Savage mk2 FV

How are you going to do the Tac Ops knob, and where are you getting your stock? Looking in to getting one of these rifles in the future.
smile.gif

i hopefully will be able to do the tac ops bolt knob by cutting the old knob off and drilling a small hole and welding or soldering in the stud for the knob to attach to... The stock i am trying to work out still so i will keep you posted; but hopfully i will order one from (cwa11is ) here at snipershide. I believe this is his website and the style of stock i am getting is like the one at the bottom of the page from the link provided. http://www.wallisforge.com/9415.html. (hope your okay with the shout out cwa11is i think your stocks look great)

matt

Ok, thanks for the info, when I can get my MkII my, "tactical bolt knob" will be some scotch blue tape wraped around the bolt to make it more bulky, then painted camo. I have a lot of time to think about stuff!!
smile.gif

no problem as soon as i start getting all my goodies for my build i will post pics/range report