• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage MKII/93 magazine options

Powder_Burns

Shoutbox Veteran
Supporter
Minuteman
  • May 4, 2009
    Colorado
    Common knowledge that the savage mags for the mkii suck. Are there any aftermarket mags availabe for this rifle?

That looks like it will work. Sucky thing is colorado’s stupid magazine ban. God forbid anyone has 20 rounds in their bolt action .22lr.

Reactions: muddawg
    Emailed them about it, response is as follows-

We will be making 10 and 15 round magazines in the near future, the test samples are being tested currently.

Emailed them about it, response is as follows-

We will be making 10 and 15 round magazines in the near future, the test samples are being tested currently.

Wow... never thought there would be a good option for Savage mags lol.... my question is though... Why would a 20rd mag be their first design? lol

You'd think the 10rd would be the most desirable mag

Because Savage already makes 10 round mags. They suck in my gun and won’t function, but they might work ok in yours. The 20 round option is great for those of us in free states.

I have a custom 40 moa that EGW made me that could uses a new home. let me know if your interested.

Because Savage already makes 10 round mags. They suck in my gun and won’t function, but they might work ok in yours. The 20 round option is great for those of us in free states.
    I have a 93R17. The Savage 5 rnd mags all needed major tuning to even fit into the rifle - let alone feed. The 10 rounders were even worse. Sent them back to Midway. I would really like to find a good 10 round mag that would work.

OFG

I ordered 2x of the 10 round Csspecs magazines from eBay. Smooth transaction and 100% reliability over roughly 100 rounds (each) so far. Much better than the Savage mags. Do recommend.