• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

savage MKII barrel

Re: savage MKII barrel

I don't think you can easily remove the barrel on the Mk II. IIRC, it's pinned and press fit in, so it'll be a pain to remove. About the bolt knob. What they do is chop the knob itself off and use a die to thread a portion of the handle and thread on the new knob.

For the spiral fluted barrel, buy a BRJ. Then as mentioned above, cut the knob off and thread the shaft, and put a new knob on.

The barrel has two pins, one roll pin and one solid. Easy to remove, just pound out. Then pull out the forward most mag well bolt/stud and the barrel should pull out. It may not be easiest thing to pull out but maybe some love taps with a rubber mallet or dead blow and it will come out. I've pulled mine to get it threaded.

Get yourself a good stout brass punch and tap the barrel out of the receiver, if it is stiff.