• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage MkII Stock Upgrade

at4rxj

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Is there a similar product to the Boyds "tacticool" stock for the Savage Mk II? Something synthetic?

Re: Savage MkII Stock Upgrade

I have a Savage Mk II .22 that needs some work too! I didn't know Manners was making stocks for them.

They look really nice. I did some reading after GotCox posted the info above.

I've been eyeing the tacticool stock for awhile. My first thought was to try to cover the checkering on the factory stock with bondo or epoxy, texture the grip and forend, then refinish the whole thing. For $80 though, the boyd's stock looks pretty good... I just wish it wasn't wood.

If I had a manners stock on another rifle, I'd be all over that as a practice setup. Maybe one day...

Ya they are not cheap. Nice stocks from what i have seen and heard, but not cheap. For me it is hard to spend 3x the amount i spent on the gun in the first place to get a stock. I am going with a RVT from boyds.

I recently ordered a "Tac-Driver" stock from Richard's Microfit Stocks. It is shipping this Thursday via UPS, so I should have it next week. I figure I can get it fit and finished a week after that so should have some input for it then.

Check the bargain bins for over-production stocks at a bit of a discount as well.