• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage MKII Stock

Warpspeed

Hopper King
Minuteman
Aug 27, 2006
SoCal
dramworx.com
Found this on RFC

mkIIPREV3.jpg

Here is the thread:
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279096

Looks nice in walnut!

Re: Savage MKII Stock

That would look so much better if they cleaned up the lines a bit. Reminds me of a 2x4...

I wish the guy that makes those stocks would quite showing them off and offer some up for purchase. I believe he also makes one that looks like the Accuracy Internation 1.5 stock for a 22LR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sw99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That would look so much better if they cleaned up the lines a bit. Reminds me of a 2x4... </div></div>

Man, I was just about to post those exact words. That thing reminds me of one of those pre made sheds. There is a Hide member here (sorry, his name escapes me) that made an absolutely incredible wood copy of a Mcmillan stock for his MK II. Now that there was some real talent.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tman300wm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wish the guy that makes those stocks would quite showing them off and offer some up for purchase. I believe he also makes one that looks like the Accuracy Internation 1.5 stock for a 22LR. </div></div>

I do now, but I don't have enough post to list them for sale here. Check RFC's trading post while I try to post some more helpful responses on this forum.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sw99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That would look so much better if they cleaned up the lines a bit. Reminds me of a 2x4... </div></div>

There is no "they" it's just me by myself. These pics are a little better. The fore end looks kind of flat in the pics, but it does taper quite a bit from the bottom towards the barrel. I am thinking about fancying up that section as well. Function first though.

savstocks2.jpg

triggermag1.jpg

curvedbutt2.jpg

Close ups are great, thanks for posting. The stock quality is obviously top notch. Personally, I think the for-end needs to be smoothed out a bit. It thing it will still have all the function your looking for and be aesthetically more pleasing.

That sure is some beautiful wood!

I do agree that the front doesn't match the back. The pistolgrip and buttstock is all curvy and sexy and the front end doesn't look like it made it to the router yet. Of course I have nowhere near the patience to make one right now, so take my criticism lightly.

If you did a "beaver tail" forend like the A5 I would buy one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O Cop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much are those running price-wise?? </div></div>

Make me an offer on one of those 3 pictured above +$15 shipping. I won't make a new one for less than $185, but I have these sitting here in my way. I'm working on some tweaks for the fore end, but 10/22 version are keeping me busy right now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cwa11is</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O Cop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much are those running price-wise?? </div></div>

Make me an offer on one of those 3 pictured above +$15 shipping. I won't make a new one for less than $185, but I have these sitting here in my way. I'm working on some tweaks for the fore end, but 10/22 version are keeping me busy right now.</div></div>

Now only 2 are in his way!!
grin.gif

hi Chris.. I just sent you a wee message on your web site asking about your stocks..I forgot to mention that I live in NZ and wanted to know whether you send down under.

Cheers