• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing savage model 10 223 bolt

old paul

Private
Minuteman
Apr 9, 2010
Northern Ohio
I would like to know if anyone knows where I can get a
detailed procedure for disassembly of the bolt. I disassembled and polished my Mark II(22lr) and got great results, but the bolts are different and I couldn't find anything on line for my 223.

Thanks

Re: savage model 10 223 bolt

remove the big ass screw in the back... remove bolt handle... remove the cocking cam... firing pin assembly comes out... remove cross pin in the front and the bolthead comes off.

Re: savage model 10 223 bolt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Force_Multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">remove the big ass screw in the back... remove bolt handle... remove the cocking cam... firing pin assembly comes out... remove cross pin in the front and the bolthead comes off. </div></div>

^^ What he said. I believe there may be a video on youtube though. Its really easy to do if you can't find it.