• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage Model 10 Ashbury?

frame12

Private
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2024
PacNW
There's a new one for sale for $1k.

Never heard of it before.
It's a folder. Which is a major selling point for me.
There seems to be lots of separate parts of the chasis all bolted, screwed or pinned together.

Mostly curious about the chassis as there's plenty of discussion on the Savage barreled actions.

I had several APO chassis.

Some cool features built like a tank but it feels like a bunch of parts screwed together not a unit

nothing loose but it doesn’t feel as cohesive as other chassis do

Had one of the gray with carbon forearm too…looked bad ass but the forearm had a lot of flex. They said it would as well compared to the aluminum one.

Im just punching paper and hunting but the flex annoyed me a little

I since sold them off and gave one to my nephew, still serviceable and your not going to be disappointed but there are just more modern options out there.

Reactions: frame12
I had several APO chassis.

Some cool features built like a tank but it feels like a bunch of parts screwed together not a unit

nothing loose but it doesn’t feel as cohesive as other chassis do

Had one of the gray with carbon forearm too…looked bad ass but the forearm had a lot of flex. They said it would as well compared to the aluminum one.

Im just punching paper and hunting but the flex annoyed me a little

I since sold them off and gave one to my nephew, still serviceable and your not going to be disappointed but there are just more modern options out there.

Do you think flex shifted your point of impact?

Do you think flex shifted your point of impact?
Not really sure but you felt more movement when compared to the aluminum one

Kind of adding more bipod leg flex, you feel it but not sure where it comes from

Had a Savage Ashbury for a while. Swapped the stock out and switched out the factory rail for a 20moa. Otherwise I didn’t do anything special to it. It was a fantastic shooter and I only sold it to fund a CDG build.