• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Savage model 10 at the pawn shop, good deal?

murtaughf3

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2012
Abilene Tx
at the pawn shop i saw what i am looking for savage model 10 in 243 walnut stock, accu trigger, simmons scope, no magazine for $380. not sure of the year. barrel has a few scratchs and stock has couple scratchs on it. i stopped by the bx to get a price on a new one but the normal guy wasn't there, the fill in guy told me $460 (model 10 trophy hunter xp) and that's with the nikon scope w/bdc reticle. i know that price isn't right, from past quotes i'm thinking closer to $500 ish. so it it worth it to spend up to an extra say $150 for the new gun and upgraded glass

Re: Savage model 10 at the pawn shop, good deal?

what are you going to use it for? Shoot it as is, or as a donor? If a donor, I would look at what you are going to get for the pieces you don't need on the market. Otherwise, I think the nikon is a worthwhile step up from the simmons if you are going to shoot it as is.

honestly, probably going to keep as is for while, i probably won't change anything untill i shoot the barrel out, which for me would probably be about 3 years maybe, based on 1500 at 50 rounds a month give or take (i know there are lots of things to vary the life of a 243 barrel, my numbers are just a quick guessitmate).

would be used for hunting(deer,hogs,coyote), range time with friends and family.

i was considering getting one of the predator models but i can't justify the extra price even though it has heavier barrel

I'd take it, a savage rifle with an accutrigger for $380 is a steal in my book. Even if you plan on replacing the accutrigger down the road, its still pretty cheap.

i'm still decieding, but i'm sure it won't last long at that price

on a side note they got a british enfield 303 for $170 or $180 can't remember, but i know nothing of this gun except what i just read on wiki, looked pretty cool though