• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage Model 10 FCP-K Law Enforcement Series in .223 Please share pet loads!

diego-ted

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2011
Diego-Town
and any likes or dislikesand any other info you might like to share.

thx Ted

Last edited:
I have the 308, and love it. The accustock was not great but not terrible. It know sits in an xlr chassis. Very accurate rifle truly 1/2 MOA. They have been discontinued so they are harder to find. Also they have the bottom bolt release which a lot of folks do not like and it slightly lessens you aftermarket stock choices.

I too have the 308 model. I can't say enough good things about it for a budget precision rifle. Even with the factory stock I have been able to consistenly shoot sub moa groups using FGMM 168 SMK's. As mentioned above the stock isn't the greatest, but for what it is it is decent. There aren't as many stock options like there are for the R700, but there are still some very nice ones available. My rifle was pretty front heavy so I took the buttpad off the stock and filled the hollowed inside with nearly a pound of plummers putty to give the rifle a better balance. The action on mine is very nice, smoother and feels better than my previous R700 SPS.

The 223 model has a 1 in 9 twist from what I have read, so you should be okay with stabilizing the heavier 223 bullets for long range such as the 69 grain SMK's or the Hornady 75's. Despite not being a big fan of this retailer anymore, CTD has the fcp-k in 223 in stock right now for a very good price.

i have a fcpk 308, it does has a short throat, which mean i can't fire factor 175FGMM due to bullet jammed into lands.
other than that it fire sub-moa using 168 FGMM

I have one in .223. I like it, and it is accurate, but it seems to be a "bit much" for a .223 bolt gun. Now that I know more of what I want/like I would have went with something simpler and cheaper for a .223 rifle.
The weight of the barrel (even while fluted) makes it fairly front heavy. I had it in a Mcree chassis for a short while, but the weight of the total package was ridiculous, so I went back to the accu-stock or whatever it is called. The trigger guard bolt release IS a limiting factor.

Last edited:
I have owned the .308 and .223. The .223 was the most accurate factory rifle I have ever seen, no BS. It would shoot half moa groups without any effort, and put together several sub-half moa groups with 69gr MK's. I had shot steel at 800 with the 75gr AMAX's and 69gr MK's.

I, too, thought it was a bit overkill for a .223, but the weight and brake make it like a pellet gun on crack.

If you have a line on one, get it. You'll love it.

Rifle arrived at FFL yesterday, first time to check it out. Action, trigger and barrel are up to snuff. The stock sure was flimbsy on the foreend. I will use the stud nearest the shooter for the Sinclair bipod, I think this may minimize the stock flex. The barrel seems out of center with the channel of the stock? Well I will have to shot her to see if a stock upgrade is warranted for my needs.

Diego

I have the older 10FP in .223, and I've got 2 pet loads that produce really nice groups when I can do my part.

69gr Nosler Custom Comp. BTHP - 25.1gr H335, Wolf SRP (have had great luck with them), COL of 2.260".

75gr Hornady Match BTHP - 25.1gr H335, Wolf SRP, COL of 2.390".

No signs of pressure with either load thru the 24" tube on mine. I'd have to go digging thru my load data for the FPS. As usual, work your way up. These have done excellently in my rifle, but that's my rifle.