• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage Model 10?

JHall0518

Private
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2009
Ashland, MO
I have come across a savage that has caught my eye at a gun show, it is a model 10 in .308 caliber and it has what looks like a 20 inch Savage bull barrel with an oversized SAvage bolt handle with the Choate ultimate sniper stock and some off-brand rings and base and a cheap simmons scope... dont know much about savages so i dont know if it was an fp or an fcp but neither of those have a 20 inch barrel, anyways they are asking 500 for it so i considered buying it and putting a Bell and Carlson on it and tryin to sell it. What is your input?

Re: Savage Model 10?

500 aint terrible bad....Try to offer him about 450 though,and see if he bites.

But why are you gonna buy it just to put it in another stock and sell it?

The Choate stock is not factory. I have one like your talking about. It came from the factory w/ the standard synthetic stock & blind magazine, accutrigger, 20 in. barrel, tactical bolt knob, and a muzzle brake. It shoots the Hornady 155 gr. Amax great. I just wish it had been the removable magazine.

I recently bought a savage 10

26" heavy barrel
Accutrigger
Choate Ultimate Varmint stock
Weaver base and rings
Leupold Rifleman 4-12x40 scope
Harris bi-pod
cheap plastic hard case

After shipping and FFL transfer I had $690.00 in it.
If you put $200-$250 in a stock you'd be $750.00 all in.

IMHO you would have a nice rifle at a good price but wouldn't be in a position to make much selling it.

Being a carpenter, I've seen a lot of people "flip" houses, but not too many "flipping" rifles. Both seem to require an outstanding deal up front, minimal inputs, and a strong product market to be profitable. Best of luck.

Plus if you advertise that you are buying firearms to flip for profit you may want to talk to the ATF about a little item called an FFL.......

A stock Savage in a Choate stock can be a solid, accurate rifle even if it doesn't win popularity/beauty contests.

sobrbiker883 said:
Plus if you advertise that you are buying firearms to flip for profit you may want to talk to the ATF about a little item called an FFL.......

Raises a question I've never thought of.

When does a person who likes to trade and change rifles frequently become a "dealer" that is legally required to have an FFL?

Here's my Savage 10fp. It's got a Bell & Carlson medalist stock.

Savage10fp3.jpg

Savage10fp2.jpg