• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage model 10t in 308. Sell it or?

Utah Shooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2010
SL UT
I have a 10t chambered in 308 that I bought 2 years ago that i have never shot. I purchased another rifle in creedmoor that i have been shooting instead so I do not see ever shooting this rifle. What should I do? Perhaps rebarrel this or?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I agree, sell it. I have held on to things in the past knowing I didn't want to use it. But now that I get rid of all that stuff it just opens more room for more toys!

Had a Savage, moved on to a Tikka. The Savage action felt like hell compared to the Tikka, I wouldn't build off a Savage now. Sell it and get yourself something you will use.

I would evaluate which is going to cost or make you more. If you get full price for the Savage...or more, sell it and get what you want. If no one is willing to pay NIB price, re-barrel it. Northland Shooter Supply has excellent drop in barrels. I also recommend you replace the recoil lug.

Why not use it as a backup gun or an extra stick for a friend to use. 308 is a great caliber and ammos are always available. And the more the merrier! Lol

Seems to me if you haven't shot it by now, you're not much interested in a 308 caliber. IMO, everyone interested in rifles should own at least one 308 but if you're not shooting it, sell it and put the funds toward something you ARE interested in, ammo, glass or whatever and move on.

Had a Savage, moved on to a Tikka. The Savage action felt like hell compared to the Tikka, I wouldn't build off a Savage now. Sell it and get yourself something you will use.

Same here, my savages are collecting dust since moving to tikkas.

You can add a lot of life to your creedmoor barrel by using the 308 for trigger time.

My Savages see a lot of range time and consistently shoot 1/2 moa. But, theyre big pieces of shit and you probably wont even be able to sell it. You should just send the action to me. Ill pay shipping/fees.