• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage Model 12

feelinducky

Private
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2009
California
Sorry for the noob question but,

what is the difference between a Savage model 12 action and a Savage model 10 action? I have a Model 12 in 22-250 with a bull barrel that I am thinking about rebuilding or selling. I have been trying to find this answer but have not had any luck.
Thanks

Re: Savage Model 12

I believe the 10s are alloy steel (4130? 4140?) And the 12s are stainless.

Should be the same, its just a name according to the savage rep we have.

My Savage 12 LRP has the target action and the target accu trigger. I don't know if this is the case with all of the Model 12's or just the LRP. The target action has a solid top. The target accu trigger goes from 6 ounces to 1.5 lbs. The action on the 12 target series I believe is a single shot so the only opening is the ejection port and the LRP has the detatchable mag. I may be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time. Good luck!!

Thanks for the help. Mine does not have a detachable mag or a solid top. It does have an accutrigger though.

Savage offer two 12 series. The 12 Target series use the beefier large shank target action w/ the target accutrigger.

The 12 Varmint class has the same action as the 10 Law Enforcement series.

Unless you have the Target action (which you don't) All the 10, 12, 16, etc actions are the same design. All the 110, 112, 116 etc are long actions, same design. Kinda like car companies will use the same chassis for different cars...same actions design, just different finish, barrels, stocks, so on.