• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage MSR 224 Valkyrie Value??

cjs81481

Private
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2021
Bloomsburg, PA 17815, USA
Hey all! I've had a Savage MSR 15 18" in 224 Valkyrie hanging out in my safe for a year, picked it up from a local guy as a package but haven't really done anything with it. I think it's time I moved it along. From what I can tell by rudimentary free bore measuring, it's one of the early non SAAMI spec with the longer free bore. Shoots 75 American eagles great, doesn't like 90 Fed Fusion or really anything else lol. The 75s are 1.5 MOA (probably better if I actually rested on something haha). The package would include 2 25rd 2 10rd mags, hornady dies, box of hornady elds, about 220rds of ammo, 3d printed bag rider, Vais muzzle break, 600 once fired casings. Was planning to keep the Strike Eagle and mount.

What do you think this would be worth??? Thanks

Attachments

• 20211209_191929.jpg
    20211209_191929.jpg
    553 KB · Views: 62
Reactions: Jjames0213
My advice…. Figure out what it is worth to you on your own, upgrade to a Supporters account and list it in the PX.

Reactions: LRRPF52
I hear what you're saying, to give some perspective, I've checked the PX history and haven't found much to inform on current pricing. I've checked gun value sites and listing on Gunbroker and honestly find them inflated. I'm asking here for input from a community that has this information much more accessible trying to save myself some time as I'm a guy that is stretched thin as it is, I'm sure many of you can relate. So, I appreciate input on its value, then my plan is to upgrade to a supporter and post on the PX but I want to offer it at the right starting price.

...unless you are set on just selling the rig...

... and you are looking to improve upon it's performance, there are plenty of custom barrels available that have the early kinks worked out since the 224V debut and the cost is minimal compared to buying a whole new rig.

...another option is a caliber change.

Value would be relatively low. Common factory rifle with a niche caliber that missed its mark. Learn to like shooting it. Savage gets no respect, but it is well made. Personally, I don’t buy into the Valkyrie. All manufacturers tried hard in 2019 to make it “the next big deal” but it never got there.

Reactions: LRRPF52
Agree with above except I’m all in on the Valkyrie, but I’m the odd man out. If you want to sell it. Find one in stock and list it in the Px for 20-30% off street retail and expect to take a little less. Best course of action is to rebarrel in .224 or order a decent .223 barrel and bolt.