• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage rebuild complete (pic)

Jimmy2Times

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2005
Amesbury, Massachusetts
Ok, so here is my old model Savage FP10 all rebuilt. I've been meaning to do this for years, I'm so glad I finally did it. Glad I waited too, with some of the components available today like the EGW base and B&C stock. My scope height issue worked out perfect as the B&C stock has a slightly higher comb than my old SSS stock. I'll shoot it Sunday. Got a couple hundred handloads loaded up.

S1052245.jpg

Savage FP10
Leupold MK IV
Leupold MK IV Rings
Leupold 2.5" scope shade with ARD
EGW 25 MOA Base
Bell and Carlson Medalist Stock
Rifle Basix trigger set at perfect
Harris BRM-S Bi-pod

Not bad for just about $2k.

Re: Savage rebuild complete (pic)

looks nice!

i have a savage 10fp myself! however its for sale so i can pay for other things

Yeah, my stock required some "work" too. Nothing unusual about that, but having to drill and tap non existent screw holes was a bit unusual. I'm not bitching, I love the B&C stock, and it's a nice alternative to dropping $750 on a Mcmillan Stock which I love but can't or don't want to afford. I will shoot and post a 10 round 100 yard target tomorrow, no matter how good or bad it is.

Nice rifle. EGW bases are very nice for the money. Post pics of how you did and let us know what your reloading data was.