• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage SAV-1 Trigger Set-Up

marksmatter

Private
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2011
ATL
I have a Stevens rifle with the SAV-1 trigger installed. There is next to no pre-travel on this trigger, or at least how I have it set up. Is this OK, or will I suffer any inaccuracies as a result? I like it, but every shot is a surprise at a trigger pull of about 2 lbs. I'm used to grittier AR type triggers (which I now know suck!).

Re: Savage SAV-1 Trigger Set-Up

I have mine set up with no creep or overtravel and at 2lbs, that is exactly how you want a trigger to be. Every shot is supposed to be a surprise, thats how you get the best accuracy.

If the groups are tight and no ND/AD then you are GTG.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dirty D</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If the groups are tight and no ND/AD then you are GTG. </div></div>

Good point about ND/AD. Had a minor issue there (my fault), but it has been addressed with a new Wolff spring. Groups are getting there, but barrel is brand spanking new. Things should tighten up as the barrel and I get some more experience.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rusty815</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have mine set up with no creep or overtravel and at 2lbs, that is exactly how you want a trigger to be. Every shot is supposed to be a surprise, thats how you get the best accuracy.

</div></div>

This is great advise! I have a Sav-1 and have played with it for hours and hours. What I found out was no creep, min overtravel and 2lbs pull was the best possible way to setup this trigger IMHO.