• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition Savage shooters whidden v/block?

mattt

Private
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2010
northern California
looking at adding a whidden v/block to my savage 12f/tr 308 .Has anyone else done this to a target action and was it worth it?

Re: Savage shooters whidden v/block?

Sorry I can't help, but if no one else chimes in with the info you need here you might ask on SavageShooters.com. Lots of good Savage specific information there. Good luck.

Make sure it is installed correctly. I bought a stock with one, and it wasn't installed right —the front was too high, causing the barreled action to point up relative to the stock. I had to get my local smith to mill it so it was level and lightly skim bed it (he also had to machine away a good bit of the rear pillar area to clear a SSS Evolution trigger). Once fixed it works great.

I had a Whidden V-block put in my newest F/O build, not so much that I thought it would be more accurate,(it certainly wouldn't be less accurate) but to give some flexibility.

I can use the same high-dollar MasterClass stock with multiple rem 700's and rem700 clone barreled actions. I can now shoot 6mm/22-250, .223 and .308 just by dropping a different barreled action into the stock.

I saved major $$$ by not having to buy three stocks.

Just another way of looking at it.

Paul