• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage showed up yesterday.

ProImaging

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2011
Alabama
www.proimagingonline.com
Ordered a 10FCP in .308 with a Mcmillan stock and bottom metal. Now all im waiting on is the rail to come in so i can hit the range. anxious to see how she shoots.
DSC_0001-2.jpg

Re: Savage showed up yesterday.

You will love it. At 100yds my 10fcp-k loves the 168s over 43.5gn IMR4895 jammed .01 into lands. It doesn't like the 175s at 100, havent taken it out further yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ProImaging</div><div class="ubbcode-body">glad to hear, ive got 1500 rds of 188 smk's... thats the reason i bought this rifle, sold a AR10 a year ago and the only other .308 i have is a M1</div></div>

Did you mean 168gn SMK? If so it does enjoy those very much. I just neck size and FL size after 3 loadings.

that is nice looking I will waiting for the range report on this one. I am growing to like the savage's more and more.

Nice gun!! I also have the fcp10,with the 20inch barrel,and it shoot great with 168 mk. I load with a .015 jump with IMR 4895.What glass are you going to use?

You'll love it...make the Remmy Boyz cry...LOL...

My 110FP is the opposite...dont like 168, love 175 FGMM .21-.26 3 shot over and over and over again...

Are you going to have it bedded? I think that model benefits from bedding more than any other Savage because it's such a quality stock without so much as pillar bedding. The reason I got the FCP10 HS Precision instead of the Mcmillan was because it didn't need to be bedded. The Mcmillan is designed to be bedded after purchase. I say this because I seriously considered getting one and read that several times.
My Savage loves the longer bullets like 178 AMAX and Berger 190 VLDs. It's because of that 1/10 twist I think. Over spins the short bullets like 168 SMKs. It's not that they don't shoot good, they just don't shoot AS good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CaptBeach</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You'll love it...make the Remmy Boyz cry...LOL...

My 110FP is the opposite...dont like 168, love 175 FGMM .21-.26 3 shot over and over and over again... </div></div>I can see from another thread that your rifle didn't exactly come from the factory that way did it?
whistle.gif
I couldn't see the pictures without signing up for that website.
frown.gif

Sorry...still havent figured out how to post pics without a something or another account...

1994 110FP .308
Factory Barrel
3 Screw Trigger (probably the best Savage has ever made)
Choate Tactical
EGW HD 20MOA base
X-Treme Rings
Weaver Tactical Grand Slam
Harris 6-9 Bipod
CDI DBM Bottom Metal

I had the op rifle's brother just about, except it was in an HS precision stock. Liked it very much. 24 inch barrel (ended up cutting to 20...) came on it. Worked well with 175s and 43.0g varget.

Mine seemed to have a fairly heavy bolt lift even after the 38sp and bearing trick. Other than that it was definitely top notch.

planning on starting off with a Springfield Armory 10x56 on it. i already have the scope and its clear out to 1000 and has the built in bdc. i already have this scope from another rifle. make go with something else later. havent decided yet. will up date next week. sunday afternoon's are the only time i have to shoot here lately.

finally after a scope malfunction on the first range trip i had time to get it dailed in yesterday, ended up going with 47 gr of RL17 pushing a 208 gr AMAX. ran out of daylight before i could get a group but im 35.5 at 1000 yards. we started off with 46.5 grains and went up to 48. 47 seemed to have the best groups so we indexed 600, 700, 800, 900, and 1000 yards. with a little tweaking we should be getting some good groups here shortly. will try and get some pics next trip

I am very happy with my 10FP with 24" barrel. It really likes the FGMM with 168 SMK's. Also likes my handloads with 168 SMK's, CCI 200's and 42gr of 4895.

I'm looking forward to getting it out past 200.

Nice rifle and setup!!!
wink.gif

Tony

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AGG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rifle and setup!!!
wink.gif

Tony </div></div>
thanks, i ended up giving the springfield armory scope to my nephew to play with. it wouldnt track so i bought a nightforce for it. much happier now.