• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage single feeding jam

DRichardson

Private
Minuteman
Aug 26, 2017
Acworth, GA
I have a savage 10 S-BA 6.5 creedmoor barreled action that is fitted into a stealth chassis. I'm using Magpul AICS magazines.

The issue I'm having is when the magazine is empty and I go to single feed through the ejection port the bullet jams between the barrel and the bolt face. The bullet and neck of the case don't touch the feed ramp at all. The tip of the bullet hits the back of the barrel just below the chamber and won't ride up into the chamber. I'm wondering if the issue is from the Magpul mags and before I spend lots of money on metal mags I was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience.

As a side note the mdt plastic mag that comes with the stealth does the same thing as the magpul mag.

Thanks for any help.

Try using your finger to start the bullet into the mouth of the chamber then use the bolt to finish the job. No big deal if they chamber when loading from the magazine.

look for something called the “bobsled”. It’s a small plastic device that goes in your magazine and helps angle the tip up so it doesn’t jam into the side wall

look for something called the “bobsled”. It’s a small plastic device that goes in your magazine and helps angle the tip up so it doesn’t jam into the side wall

I'm looking into a version of that for when I play around at local f-class matches but I'm more worried about if I run the mag dry and have to load off of a spare round carrier in a PRS type match. Thanks for the info though.

Do any aics pattern mags present the round high enough to chamber by simply laying it on top? Ive always had to start the round in myself if not feeding from the mag.

I'm not sure, still very new at this with little first hand experience with alot of parts. Saw a video where a stage was run totally single shot and it looked like the rifle in the video was feeding them single shot just fine. Maybe he was starting them in and I just can't tell.