• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD Savage Small Shank / Origin 6.5 PRC

John Glidewell

Rag Hole Precision
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2018
Reno, NV
I have a Crown Ridge Barrel works X-Caliber 6.5 PRC barrel. MTU contour. Finished at 27". 5R 8 twist. Was on my Origin. Has 50 rounds down tube all at 50 grains of N565. Decided to go another direction. $325 $300 shipped to lower 48.
20210426_181824.jpg
20210426_181841.jpg
20210426_181928.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: radical1911
Will vouch for Crown Ridge’s work and these barrels. I’ve owned 3 of them and all three shot lights out.

Thank you. I only use his barrels anymore. In fact, I just sent my Origin to him so he can shoulder a barrel for me. I have his barrels on all my rifles. Wife just advanced out of expert to master class in local club. Shot a 35 out of 40 in our long range varmint match with her 6 creed with Crown Ridge X-Caliber on it. They have all shot for me and his work is exceptionally clean. This barrel only has 50 rounds on it, all at 50 grains of N565, just enough to fire form brass and start load development. I typically run the 153.5s at around 3k fps and get 1000 to 1200 on barrel life. This would be the 3rd barrel in PRC on this action. Decided to make this rig my match rifle. The wife just got a TL3, can't have her whipping my ass in our local match lol.

Reactions: gasrat
He does excellent work as you said. I’ve had two of his barrels on Origins and one on a Defiance. Head spaced perfectly and hammered. All of them was 6 Creeds.

Reactions: John Glidewell
No, it is not. I have a savage large shank in 6.5 prc and a shouldered prefit for an origin in 6.5 creedmoor if you can use either of those. they are brand new never fired or installed. $475 shipped ea.

they are both X-Caliber blanks, 1-8 twist, spun up by Crown Ridge Barrel Works, and every barrel I have from him shoots great. 6.5 creed is finished at 27" threaded muzzle, MTU contour and shouldered for Origin action. The 6.5 PRC is same, only barrel nut for Savage Large shank.