• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage Target Action or MODEL 12 action 20moa scope base

demolitionman

Send’r Bud
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2013
Midwest
I ordered a Scope base that was "said" to fit my SA Savage Model 12 Target action. Luckily I was able to use it on my Stevens action. Bolt holes line up fine, it was perfect EXCEPT the mount had a recoil lug but the Target Savage action model 12 has no area for a "recoil lug" to sit because the action engulfs the whole upper area that would be beneath the scope mount.

So, before I go and order another 20 MOA mount and end up getting one with a damn recoil lug, can any of you get me on track with a linky to midway, brownells or somewhere reputable? I really want one before next weekend if possible. I was looking at ones listed as "fits all savage models 10 through 16", which is total bull shit, because the ones they were listing all had recoil lugs on the scope mount which do not work with my Target model 12 Action.

Here is a picture of the recoil lug that deemed my 20moa mount useless on my Savage Target action. I'm not really wanting to "grind" on a scope mount base to make it work.

-Demo

357181.jpg

I just ground mine off. I thing the egw base doesn't has a recoil lug
I'm not bashful to cutting, grinding, filing on my gear, but for some reason, when it comes to scopes and mounts, I have some weird voodoo that gets in my head and I'll be thinking about my mount as I'm pulling the trigger. This is not where I want my head to be at that moment! I guess I could grind it then bed it.

Pretty common to do it on target and lrp actions. I just ground down until it met up with the base and bedded it to the action. No problems for years now

I have two Ken Farell 20 moa bases for my Savage Model 12 target actions. They are top notch and they do not have recoil lugs. They had them in stock and shipped them the same day as I ordered them. His rings are really nice as well. I have one set and will be getting another.

kenfarrell.com

Scope Rails | Badger Ordnance P/N 306-06SATS is the one I believe you are looking for. I got mine through Triad but since they are down for now, not sure? There is phone # for badger in Kansas City, MO. so if they won't sell you one, should be able to tell you who has them?

I used a Badger for my Savage Palma with the target action, the EGW fit nicely as well, but the Badger was the lowest profile.

I have a Savage 12 LRP and it came factory equipped with a EGW base, no lug. I've ordered direct from EGW several times and they are quite quick with shipping. With you being in Ohio and them in PA, order today and you should have it Friday barring USPS foul up. :)