• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage throat length?

Blanman

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 29, 2008
Utah
how long do you savage owners have to load your 175 SMK's and 155 Lapua's till they touch the lands? just curious, thanks

Re: Savage throat length?

Get an overall length gauge to determine that, each rifle will vary. Although they may be same factory rifle I wouldnt assume that the throats are all the same. Thats what I've learned anyways. Youre getting into the realm of dangerous when you cram a long seated bullet into your lands at max load. Dont do it unless your certain your seating depth is correct. Read up on soft seating bullets using a bar of soap if you dont wanna spend the money on gauge. And start the load light, looking for pressure signs while you work up to it.

Re: Savage throat length?

I don't own a savage or else I would just do it myself... I have a remmy with a rediculously long throat and was just trying to get a feel for how long the savage's throats are