• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Savage Trigger...Timney or SSS?

JLM

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 27, 2008
WY
Time for my old trigger to go (non-Accutrigger rifle).

Over the years I've heard a lot of good things about the SSS.

However, almost all of the reviews of the Timney on Midway's site are unequivocally positive.

So, for those that have first hand experience with either, I'd appreciate your input!

Thank you gentlemen!

Re: Savage Trigger...Timney or SSS?

I on the other hand have installed 2 Timneys on my own rifles, I have not wanted for any other.

I'm sure with Gregs reccomendation you will be satisfied with either.

Thank you Sirs!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can speak well for the SSS. </div></div>
+1

I really like the width of the Timney trigger I have. Very good shoe.
Have had no issues with it.
Chad

I have 3 Timneys, I have not used an SSS. The Timneys adjust well and break very cleanly for me. I don't think that either of the triggers will disappoint you.

I've never tried a Timney, but I am rather fond of my SSS trigger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LongArm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have some free wire if you want, the lighter wire you'll need to get you down to 2lbs </div></div>

Quick Thread Jack...

Is this for a pre-accutrigger or will it work with an accutrigger as well? Do you have any instructions on this you can send me?

LongArm, for some reason I didn't see your post about the wire. I'd take some for sure and see how things come out.