• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing savage trigger

Jaybird39

Private
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2010
Does anyone know of a good replacement trigger for a savage Mod.10 tactical?

Re: savage trigger

depending on how light you want it, i have a Sharp shooter supply
competition trigger that is set around 1 pound and i think they run about $97. I believe the rifle basix sav-2 runs about $150,but they claim it will go down to around 3or4 ounces.

Thanks for the information.I think I'll try the rifle basic.

the rifle basix i put in my savage goes down to 1 lb, no creep, no overtravel. without slamfires and the safety works.

even with a 2 foot drop test.

i don't have any of the SSS triggers, so i can't give an objective opinion on them.

The sav-2 will go down to 4oz and the sav-1 to a lLb. The sav-2 replaces the trigger housing completely. The ss using the original trigger housing. They do have a new trigger but they have to install it. I have heard nothing but glowing reviews on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: juliomorris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the Rifle Basix Sav-2. Other will recomend Sharp shooters supply. </div></div>

I agree, the Basix Sav-2 and the SSS are the only two worth messing with.