• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage Warning Label

Hairball

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jan 31, 2013
    SoCal
    Honestly, what a way to screw up the look of a rifle action than by printing this crap on it. At least leave it black, now I have to paint the thing or my OCD will kick in every time I look at it

Attachments

• photo.JPG
      photo.JPG
      441.1 KB · Views: 13
    What model is that on? My buddy's 10 FCP-K didn't come with that and I'm hoping that my 10TR doesn't come with that when it arrives next month!

Yeah, that's almost as bad as Ruger putting their entire Owner's Manual engraved into the Firearm....

I will figure out a way to get rid of it. At least its not engraved in it so it should go away rather easily.

Anything that is a metal removal process, etching, engraving, stamping, etc. cannot be removed from the receiver per GCA68 requirements.

Citation please? I could only find sub section 178.34 regarding serial numbers.

I don't remember exactly where, the language says something to the effect of "modifying/obliterating receiver markings from the original manufacturer"

Perhaps I'm incorrect on this, it's happened before ;)

I'm in the same boat, I seem to recall seeing a requirement for Manufacturer's name, Model name, and location of manufacture, but I don't recall where... :)

I hate to say this, but Savage put it there for all the former Remington owners who never experienced a factory trigger that was under 42 pounds of pull. The lawyers suggested they send a recorded message as most Remington owners cant read.

Cant read, huh? That's pretty funny, at least you didn't spell it "reed". :D

Stop clubbing, baby seals!

Your, you're, yore

Last edited:
    I hate to say this, but Savage put it there for all the former Remington owners who never experienced a factory trigger that was under 42 pounds of pull. The lawyers suggested they send a recorded message as most Remington owners cant read.

Your just mad you can't afford a Remington since your benefits package was cut.

I don't remember exactly where, the language says something to the effect of "modifying/obliterating receiver markings from the original manufacturer"

Perhaps I'm incorrect on this, it's happened before ;)

that aload of crap

Pull the trigger off the action take the safety blade off { yes that is what it is a second safety if you need a second safety, an some do, leave it on} if not an your finger is your safety, then take it off an use the blade spring for the trigger you will love it. But then it will be like a Remington it may go off on it's own. if you slam the bolt,carry,or just set there long enough it may go off. Had RB trigger on a 22-250 that was so light that if you were not ready to shoot you did not lock the bolt, timed it, lock bolt it would go off 7-8 sec by it's self that was a fine trigger if you knew you touched it it went bang.

Anything that is a metal removal process, etching, engraving, stamping, etc. cannot be removed from the receiver per GCA68 requirements.

LMAO first thing that comes to mind was the tag that says to not remove on a mattress hahaha.

I have several friends shooting this action for F-class matches and the only way they work is by closing the action really slow when it is cycled. This is definitely not meant for normal cycling in a rapid fire setting.

Dfoosking, it wouldn't have fired as the orange safety blade keeps sear engaged to fp to avoid AD. The several pta i have all came with a rubber pad built into the bolt handle. My lrp is set at 12 oz and u can rack that action hard and drop test it, trigger never goes to lock.