• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos SavageMkII TR and HS Precision HTR in .308

Re: SavageMkII TR and HS Precision HTR in .308

How does the 22 shoot? Ive been mulling around the idea of grabbing one.

I just ordered a TRR in 17HMR today, should have it in a week. I can't wait. Yours looks great how does it shoot? JAA

Couldn't tell you. I just brought it home today. I'll definitely be posting a range report as soon as I have a chance to "stretch her legs".

i have a feeling there going to be alotta walking
laugh.gif

That's what it's for! Most of my local ranges are only 100yds, so shooting the .308 all the time is kind of a waste. I can practice all day long and save the expensive ammo (and barrel) for the long range stuff.

I love those HTRs for some reason... Mine was one of the best shooting rifles I have ever had, but the bolt always rammed my knuckles into the scope and I had to stamd up from the bench after each shot to reload. Other then that I had to buy a GAP bartlein to get the same accuracy out of my AW.

The HTR Stock are one of the best.

You are gonna' like that TR. Don't screw around, start out with subsonic ammo & don't look back!
Nice HTR .

Thanks guys. I do love the HTR and I already like the TR! I never had a problem with hitting muy knuckles on the scope, but I do have to remove the BC flip-up on the occular lens, or the bolt handle tends to hit it when cycling. The fully adjustable stock was the main thing that pushed me towards the HTR over some other choices. I really like the design and feel of it. Very comfortable and very clean looking. I just picked it up this past March (my birthday present to myself). Way more than I wanted to spend on my first precision rifle, but I have not regretted it for a moment!

The rifle is all factory HS Precision and so is the bottom metal and mag. The mags are pricey and hard to find, but I have aquired a few of them, so I'm pretty much set for now, although I'd pick up a couple more if a deal popped up.

I plan on getting the TR to the range ASAP to see what it can do. I have my dealer getting me a couple boxes of each:
Eley Match, Wolf Target Match, CCI Subsonic, CCI Standard,
Federal Gold Medal Target, & some RWS. Gotta find out what she likes to eat!

I'll definitely be putting together a "Range Report" once I have some info and pics.
Thanks for the kind words, and stay tuned.

I like your MK II TR a lot. I should be looking into one to have a more similar clone to my FCP in .308 than my 10/22 is! Looking forward to knowing how it shoots.

Believe me, Nobody is looking forward to that more thn I!LOL