• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Saw a "Counter Sniper" on top of an actual SWAT...

Tyler Kemp

Print Daddy
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2008
MO
mkmachining.com
Just a minute ago on the Outdoor channel they showed some SWAT competition and there was a AR-15 looking gun in 308 with a Counter Sniper 3-25x on it. It didn't show it getting shot but it said it was "good to 900 yards".

Why not something proven?

Re: Saw a "Counter Sniper" on top of an actual SWAT...

Is Counter Sniper supposed to be a brand?

When holding matches and you ask people in the industry to help out with prizes. You take what you can get.

I assume was a prize rifle and a prize optic. Nothing wrong with that.

Might not be the optic of my picking to buy, but as a prize that's a GREAT PRIZE, hell any PRIZE is a GREAT PRIZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No matter how big or small. I am glad to see that company supporting the LE match.

John

Because Cops are the cheapest critters in the world.

If optic a is $1K and optic b is $100, then optic b is 10x better as long as it "looks" the same.

This is not true of all cops, but you will find far more non-gun guys in LE than you will "gun-guys".

ETA: I was assuming it was a rifle being USED not offered as a prize. If it was a prize then I agree with what was said above. If it's not something YOU would use, you can always re-gift or sell it.

the scope was on top of a POF 308, the gun would be a good prize. the scope would be trading stock.

Because the guys who know what the hell they're doing and the guys writing the checks are rarely the same bird.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.Boyette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any PRIZE is a GREAT PRIZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</div></div>

agreed

Re: Saw a "Counter Sniper" on top of an actual SWA

The Counter Sniper scopes are probably just as good as some of the other better made in China scopes: Millett TRS & LRS, Falcon, Konus M30, Low end Leupold...ect

GC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Because the guys who know what the hell they're doing and the guys writing the checks are rarely the same bird. </div></div> Ain't that the truth...

Counter Sniper scopes sound great, they make them out to be the best in the world and yet so many people don't buy them and the ones that do kick themselves a year later when the scope won't keep zero. Now I have heard they repair and ship fast but thats the only good news about them. A friend of mine picked one up about a year ago and he has had to send the thing in twice for repair. The company is about as transparent as this administration on where their scopes are made. Chinese crap is what they feel and look like. Truth is most cops in this country are under paid and like guns as much as their patrol car, so stick to the comments from guys who shoot farther than the twenty yard line.

i personally have a countersniper scope. its not the greatest, nor have i really put it to any real torture test, considering its on a rem .223, but i have dropped the rifle and tried to make it lose zero, but i cant. very strong scope in my eye. and for under 400 bucks, if i didnt like it i could return it or sell it.

Hey thatguy I have heard owners like you say the same thing on this forum then give them a little while and they come back saying the scope went tits up on them.

If its the same one that Midway was selling a year or so ago, then I wasn't really impressed. Looked at it and messed around with it but didn't mount it on a rifle as I just sent it back and got my money back. I think even the Falcon and Wonder optics scopes are better. Had a lot of cool lookin' lettering on it though.

Yeah midway is one of the only online places that do sell them.
Midway gets so many back they make it hard to even find them on their own site.

Counter Sniper web site has a lot of contract over runs at third of price. I have a 6-25x56 shoots 1 MOA @ 600 yds bench rest. For the money it works. I have a Night Force and a MK4 wouldn't buy another CS for the next rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARMR 1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">contract over runs </div></div>

I have read posts on the Hide about these scopes so many times, and hear Midway(to in-stock)USA talk them up, but have yet to find out Agency, or branch of Goeverment contracted Chinese scopes for anything....Is the Salvation Army contracting scopes?

ok heres the deal.I use to own a counter crapper.It would hold zero for 2 shots,3rd shot would be 6 inches high and about 4 inches to the right.after resighting in same thing.Itried to run a box test on it the windage knob fell off in my hand.there was some kind of shit floating around inside,the clairty was like looking through pond water.
So i decided to send it back.it cost me 13 dollars.Now i could be mistaken but i swear they sent the same scope back to me.Why you ask well because the knob looked like it was glued on,a few turns and yep you guessed it same damn knob fell off again.oh yeah the black shit was still floating around inside.
I chalked it up as money badly spent set it up at 100 yds and tried to shoot a 168 match king through it.the bullet blew up inside it.So i guess it was pretty rugged. haha.
Bottom line save your hard earned money........They are complete junk.

alright, i know its not a leupold or anything. couldnt afford another leupold at the time, which is what i was replacing. the leupold didnt fit the bill as a "tactical" scope. had the small little target knobs and the magnification wasnt fine enough. it went from 4.5X-6X-8X-10X then jumped to 14X. the CS has markings for all from 3X-12X. tall lockable turrets and mildots. the leupold has the boone and crocket big game reticle. didnt fit well on a .223. also, the cs has a 30mm tube and 50mm obj. lens. leupold has 1in tube 40mm obj. lens. the cs just fit the bill better.

and i will admit, the website is kind of a joke. i dont think anyone in their right mind would spend 6000 on one of these. if they wanted anymore than what i paid i would have waited. will i buy another one? no. am i upset that i have this one? no.

i didnt buy it because it said counter sniper. that actually almost made me not buy it. i bought it because it had all the features i was looking for. for half the price. for what you pay for it, its a decent enough scope. now, my life doesnt depend on my remington, i mostly use it at the range. and sometimes i use it for a few pesky squirrels at my finces dads house. other than that, no real use. so the CS scope is perfect for me.

467 said:
I chalked it up as money badly spent set it up at 100 yds and tried to shoot a 168 match king through it.the bullet blew up inside it.So i guess it was pretty rugged. haha.
That must have been immensely satisfying. Wish I had done that to all the crap I have bought over the years...

I have never seen a scope shoot 1 MOA before, wait never seen a scope shoot at all!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have never seen a scope shoot 1 MOA before, wait never seen a scope shoot at all! </div></div>

Smart-ass!

Too many people around here like me. My kids know that I'd be much, much more impressed with the psychic hotline ads on TeeVee if they had DEAD operators standing by to take my call...

now send it back to them tell them you used it in the sand box see if they give you a new one ? remember bomb damage is covered

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ghilliedup</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
467 said:
That must have been immensely satisfying. Wish I had done that to all the crap I have bought over the years... </div></div>

now send it back to them tell them you used it in the sand box see if they give you a new one ? remember bomb damage is covered