• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Saw My First Circle Flies

BAT_Boy

critter_bill
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2005
Williamston, SC
Circle Flies

Although my birthday was a few days ago, my wife and I just went out today for my birthday meal of Filet and Shrimp at Longhorn's in Easley, SC.

We were enjoying our delicious meal when a customer nearby asked the server to get the manager. When the manager arrived the woman loudly complained about how her asparagus was prepared, wasn't fit to eat, and that her sister was a professional chef and she knew this was not properly prepared. She went on and on about not getting enough refills and finally ended with complaining about not being able to eat her meal because of all the gnats swarming around her face.

The Lady manager kept her cool, calmed things down, and walked away. I thought it was someone looking for a free meal or a huge discount.

When our server brought our check, I asked whether the disgruntled customer got her free meal. She said, "Oh, no. This manager doesn't play that game!"

Since they left no tip, we tipped a little extra. But, that wasn't enough. This brought to mind a joke about the fellow getting stopped by a State Trooper for speeding. The entire time the Trooper was writing the ticket, flies kept circling his face as he swatted at them. Finally, the speeder said those were "circle flies" after you. Trooper says, "What are circle flies?" Speeder says, "They circle around a horse's a** in the pasture." Trooper asks, "Are you calling me a horse's a**?"

Speeder says,"No Sir!!!! But it's hard to fool them circle flies!!!"

On our way out, I asked for the manager and thanked her for a wonderful meal and service. I mentioned sitting near the rude customer and told her the circle fly story. She got a good belly laugh and said, "So, those were circle flies that lady was swatting? I can't wait to tell this story to my crew!" LOL

Didn't cost a penny to thank her and leave her laughing. I know I felt better.