• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Say Hey Cobray

RollingThunder51

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2009
U.S.A.
Dug out an old RPB piece, these quarter folding throwing knives would pack down from an 8"X8" throwing knife to a relatively small 1.5"x6" pocket piece. These were never too common, having first been designed in the late '70s at Powder Springs, I rarely see them now. After the auction, RPB ran them for a brief while in the early '80s. Since they bought all the old Sionics and MAC products, this transition piece is marked both RPB and Cobray and hails from the Atlanta facility. These were heavy, when they hit, they hit with authority.

Made fresh and whole by "T. Mark the Plumber", yes the old sheath is hanging off the back. Almost thirty years now...

Re: Say Hey Cobray

I've got one but it needs refinishing. Looks like yours was repainted black with the letters done over with a paint stick. i would like to know just what he used to refinsh it with. Looks really good.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Metacol II satin, over the top but I was having other work done. Do the original washer, split ring and wing nut as well. Straighten the blades if needed and then regrind to the original grind lines. You cant see it in this picture but the edges are perfect and bright. They can make a real stand out piece. Hang on to yours.

why is the American flag folded like that with shit stuck all over it?

You can't fold a flag that flat and have it fit under a 12" frame. It's a piece of a 4th of July sale poster from Dodge.
These days, I'm not sure which is more valuable, Dodge memorabilia or Cobray. In any event, both look like they are going to be part of history.

I have one of these also. Do you have any clue how many of these were made? Man, I really wouldn't want to get hit with this thing. It has to weigh around a pound if not more. Oh and about Dodge
smile.gif
my dad bought a Road Runner with a 426 Hemi brand new back in 1968 I believe it was. Too bad he didn't keep it. I think he said the Hemi option was less than $1,000, and it was $4,200 new. Anyway, very nice looking blade's man! That looks much better than mine.

J

i take mine to hunting camp as everybody likes to compete with them for distance and accuracy. They really do hit hard!

Sorry for the late reply. It's been a hectic couple of months to say the least. Man, I have never even thrown mine, and to be honest I've never even thought of trying it out, but after hearing what you said I'm going to try to stick it in something today. With my luck I'll probably go to swing it and stick it in my back
eek.gif

Take care,
RPB