• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Say, Thats a nice fish....

InsidetheStorm

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2012
Look behind you...
I know this might belong on deeperblue.com or whatever, but I thought I'd share with you all. I was diving on saturday, at Refugio beach in California, searching for White Seabass, or anything I could shoot, you know. my dive buddy and I had been diving on scuba for most of the day, and we decided to chack out a new spot we had not yet dove. after about 45 minuts of bottom time, and a couple of rubberlip perch and a ling cod, I lost my diving buddy. I waited for a second to see if I could see him, and was about to start searching, when I felt a tug at my fin. WTF?! oh, wait, it's my buddy. He's frantically pointing at somthing on the bottom, in about 20 feet of water. I looked, and didn't see anything but a rock at first, so I was thinking, "Ok, its a rock. I've seen lots of rocks. Thats a cool rock, tho, it kinda looks like a fin. A big fin... HOLY SHIT! ITS A FISH!" There, nestled in between two rocks, was the biggest halibut I've ever seen. All I could think about was, "Ok, headshot, don't fuck this up." I lined up the speargun, and, Whammo! Perfect headshot. Stoned him cold. He did the fish (haha) for a second, spit out a small crab he was eating, and then slid right on to my stringer. I was so stoked, I finished the dive right there, and we went in. As I was dragging him up on the beach, all the kids started gathering around, and everyone wanted to check him out. He measured out at 30" and weighed 17 1/2 pounds. Fat little bastard. There might be bigger fish, but this is my personal best, and he was super tasty!! All in all, a great day.

P5040725.jpg
P5040732.jpg

100_3000.jpg