• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos SBR+acog+eotech=WTF??

wfjames22

trigger yanker
Minuteman
  • May 8, 2009
    SW TN
    Anyone else running this setup? Saw this on a tv show (reality/documentary) entitled "Miami Swat". I said to myself, "did I really just see what I think I saw?" Hit rewind on the dvr and sure as shit, he's running an acog and an eotech.

Re: SBR+acog+eotech=WTF??

This is just screaming for a 50 cent meme,

"yo dawg, i herd you like red dots...."

I guess if your gonna pay $500 for a magnifier you might as well get one with a reticle, lol. That looks like something I would do if I was bored in the armory, but I cant say I would go to the field with it...

Ive also gotta admit before I read the description, I was looking for USAF rank seems I come across alot of fellow brothern that would think this was brilliant.

I know the ACOG and EOTech is rather odd. And probably would not work together. But what about the 20rd magazine as well? Why would you use a 20 instead of a 30 and doing SWAT operations?

Cut

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know the ACOG and EOTech is rather odd. And probably would not work together. But what about the 20rd magazine as well? Why would you use a 20 instead of a 30 and doing SWAT operations?

Cut </div></div>
    The only thing I could think of is maybe that is his alt ammo mag of AP. That's my WAG tho

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But what about the 20rd magazine as well? Why would you use a 20 instead of a 30 and doing SWAT operations?

Cut </div></div>

From the looks of his mustache, I am pretty sure he's Chuck Norris' younger brother and thats probably a blocked 5rd mag, 'cause Chuck would only need 5rds before transitioning to his 6rd hogleg...if there were at least 11 bad guys that needed shootin'.

We'd throw all of our shit on the rifles sometimes just to keep track of it all when it got turned in. The guy that REALLY owns this rifle didn't want that shit getting messed with or lost, plus the director was screaming "more high speed!" so he just left it on most likely.

It's what you do when you just can't decide between the two...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mackdrvr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This has to be one of those "High Speed" guys that run M4 Carbine.com </div></div> HA

Yall are just haters!
    laugh.gif
    Its irritating to watch them load thier weapons before a raid. They never check to see if they actually loaded a round. Its sad we can't provide them with better training. Guess we spent all our money on welfare.

Those shows make real cops squirm. Most of them are just plain embarrassing... gotta be Tacti-cool

So funny, I saw that episode a while back and thought the exact same thing. Ask your local SWAT cops where they zero their rifles then immediately follow up with "where is your bullet at 75 yds?" I've gotten a 2-3 second pause a number of times. Very disconcerting...

I used to see some guys running a setup like that on their m4's back in 2003/2004 in Iraq believe it or not.

This has to be the best answer so far LOL!!!
    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wfjames22</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But what about the 20rd magazine as well? Why would you use a 20 instead of a 30 and doing SWAT operations?

Cut </div></div>

From the looks of his mustache, I am pretty sure he's Chuck Norris' younger brother and thats probably a blocked 5rd mag, 'cause Chuck would only need 5rds before transitioning to his 6rd hogleg...if there were at least 11 bad guys that needed shootin'. </div></div>

That would be the shittest sight picture in town...

Co-witnessing an ACOG through a fuzzy busted Eotech and then a front iron.

Not ideal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 96C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That would be the shittest sight picture in town...

Co-witnessing an ACOG through a fuzzy busted Eotech and then a front iron.

Not ideal. </div></div>

Eotech reticle isn't fuzzy, but its freaking huge when you look through the acog. Wierd as hell imho.

In any profession you get people with no business being there sinking through the siv meant to keep them out. Looks like this is documentation of a good example. I just hope he never has to use that rifle to help another guy out.

C_K

I think he is going to be a trend setter. I have a feeling this is going to be big maybe even serial.

Magnified ACOG on a quick detach mount... I would say if this was indeed a "reality" type deal (shows which should be banned forever), it may have one practical use. Magnified ACOG optics are tough to use in cqb environments, but are great for 50+ yd engagements. It is possible that this guy has his weapon set up so that he can remove the ACOG quickly and rely on the 1X Eotech for building entry. I have seen stranger things... to each their own.

My 2 cents...

I've done it, putzing around in the armory.

Totally useless.