• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SBR caliber

greg1147

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Sep 12, 2017
    Virginia
    If I have a SBR registered as multi caliber can one put a 300 BLACK OUT upper receiver on it as long as the barrel length is the same or longer.
    Asking for a friend

To my knowledge you can swap uppers at will pending you always have the original registered configuration on hand. If you change permanently they ask you update the ATF
    I *think* that you can write the ATF and inform them of configurations that differ from what the original form states. What I recall was that you are informing the ATF, not seeking permission for these additional configurations. (obviously, the additional configurations have to also be legal.)

There's no length restrictions and you don't have to keep the original stuff on hand. The wording is something along the lines of being able to switch it back which on an AR is easy. Most of this stuff was written long ago before it was common to swap stuff around.

Reactions: greg1147