• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors SBR Cut down Question

GBTX01

Private
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2001
Dallas, TX
I have a SIG556 Patrol Rifle that I want to SBR. Because the barreled upper is the actual firearm on the 556. After I send the Form 1 off and get my stamp back. How do I go about getting the barrel cut down? Since it obviously the work must be done by a gunsmith to do it right...Do I have to be present when the barrel is cut down or are there gunsmiths that can do it without my presence?

Re: SBR Cut down Question

Call up 737Shark. He's in Plano and shouldn't have a problem cutting down your barrel and crowning and threading as necessary.

Since the lower (S/N component) will hold the SBR stamp, you should be able to disassemble the upper and send the barrel off for work, or just get a shorter barrel and switch barrels out after the SBR stamp comes back. The lone barrel isn't a firearm, so any reputable 'smith can cut and recrown your barrel following you receiving the stamp.

That's part of the problem the SIG556. The barreled upper is the s/n part not the lower like AR platforms.

No one is selling SIG556 Pistol barrels yet so I guess an option is for me to remove the barrel and send off only the barrel to get cut and recrowned.

Better yet, Is your rifle a folder???

If so buy the pistol.

SBR the pistol then swap lowers... Then sell the pistol lower with the rifle....you can add an AR15 stock to it very easily,

email me and I will send you a video of my backpack gun. It is freaking bad ass.

David

David do you know if that bag will hold a 10.5" AR with the stock all collapsed?

Is that the 5.11 bag intended for the MP5? I bought the same bag in the hope that it would fit my AK47 underfolder. Unfortunately, the rifle is about an inch too long to fit properly.

Yes, my rifle has the SIG classic folder.

You are right that buying a pistol and then swapping lowers is the easiest route. I just dont have the cash laying around to buy another pistol right now. But I will start keeping an eye out for one.