• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SBR Lower: Bushmaster vs...

Jig Stick

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 27, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
I have two Bushmaster XM15 stripped lower receivers that I purchased probably 6-7yrs ago. Im gonna be building an SBR with a BCM 10-13in upper on it, and be running a Specwar 7.62 suppressor on it. Im going to be married to whatever lower receiver I use for this build, because it is going to be registered through my trust. Are there any GOOD reasons that I should not use one of these Bushmaster lowers? I understand the fluff around the billet lowers, but when it comes to function, accuracy, reliability, etc...will a billet lower offer anything that my Bushys lower cant deliver?

Bushmaster have a reputation to be out of spec. This is especially evident on their uppers. Lowers? If you have been using this lower without any issues, would probably be OK. However, I would spend some money and get Colt, DD or BCM lower and call it a day, especially since it will be yours "till death do you part"...