• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors SBR Paperwork

Helidriver

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2009
Surprise, AZ
Hello All. I figure this is the right forum for this question with all the supressor guys here. I want to send off my paperwork for an AR that I already own to convert it to an SBR. Since I already own the rifle, minus the short barrel of course, what paperwork do I complete? The forms I have are all related to a transfer. Once approved does that paperwork come back to me since there is really no transfer? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Re: SBR Paperwork

Sounds like you are looking at a form 4...transfer of a NFA....

You need a form 1... manufacture of a ......

Read up on the requirements. you will have to mark you lower as the new manufacturer.

You need to;
File a form 1, filling in all appropriate info.
Take it to the CLEO in your area, get the signature.
Or do a trust/LLC
Get yourself fingerprinted ( 2 copies )
Get yourself 2 Passport photo's
Fill out Cert. of Compliance
Make check out to NFA Branch of the ATF for $200.00
Send it to them
At this point I would have the receiver engraved with the info. you provided on the form 1
Wait, wait, did I say wait.
The form 1 will be addressed to you as the manufacturer
Once you get the approved form back you can assemble your rifle,with the shorter barrel.
Hope this helps
STL

Thanks guys,

STL, whats the cert. of compliance? Is it different from form 1?