• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors SBR'd Contender

malaga2

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 21, 2005
    Wallingford, Connecticut
    Pics of my son with a 300 Whisper SBR'd Contender. Virgin Valley 1:8 barrel...
    Shane001.jpg

Shane002.jpg

Re: SBR'd Contender

Nice. Where on the frame did you have your engraving done? I'm going to SBR one when I get home.

CHRIS

Immediately behind the hand grip...and a great platform for an SBR !...I have several barrels that I play with but it always comes back to the permanent Whisper config...
    Thank you for your service !!!

Malaga, I have a question. Why would you do a single shot 300 whisper? I always thought that the main purpose of a 300 whisper was to have a cartridge that would stay subsonic and still cycle the action of an AR.

For me I dont see the attraction to a single shot 300 whisper.

NOT knocking your rifle .. loks like a nice little deer killer for the backyard garden.

Malaga2, looks like a ton of fun and I am sure your son loves it. I am considering doing a similar setup. Maybe I will get around to it later this year. Too many projects--too little money
    smile.gif

Outsydlooknin75, I can appreciate your idea as I know many people that feel the same. I have the opposite opinion-- I do not have a T/C but do have two bolt action whispers and have no interest in doing an AR. Considering the time and effort I put into making custom brass and producing the best ammo possible I would not want to just blast it away out of an AR. Additionally, I burn up about 2k rounds a year as it is-- there is no way I could feed and AR if I shot it as much as I shoot my bolt rifles. On a side note- my whispers are used so much because they are so damn fun. I have shot steel out to 830yrs with a subsonic 220 SMK and that is more fun than shooting a lot further with my 338LM

You missed the point.. the attraction was to SBR a Contender as I see this as a great multi caliber set up. I use it with 22's,9mm, 30/30 and its primary config as a 300 Whisper.
    I have a couple of AR's just never felt the need to do one in a Whisper.

I can see the attraction to an SBR'd encore.

Locked breach action, using subsonic ammo and a supressor has got to be quiet.