• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SBR'ed GSG5s out there?

ROLEXrifleman

Snipers Hide Original
Minuteman
  • Dec 23, 2004
    INDIANA
    Anyone care to share their SBR GSG5's?

Looking to see what barrels you have used and what location you engraved.

Considering going this route but not sure what way is teh best, SBR a GSG5 Pistol or GSG5 rifle.

Thoughts, pics and experiances apprecited.

TIA,
    RR

Re: SBR'ed GSG5s out there?

I've seen them over at HKPro.com

I think they buy pistols and then just add a stock, much like the MP5 pistol to SBR conversion (just add stock).

They look pretty neat and I've seen people use airsoft parts like 0,1,F trigger housings to great success.

Bought the SBR bbl off ARF and installed myself. Lots of fun plinker and very quiet with AAC Pilot
    aaagsg1.jpg

aaagsg2.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hk9176251</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it would be cool to convert one over to 17mach2 </div></div>

No shit right. I see one in .17hm2 and I'll buy it.

I SBRed the pistol version and put a side folder on it. It wears a YHM Wraith QD can and its a lot of fun to shoot. My little sister and mom in law shoot it and they love it. Ill throw a picture up tonight of it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dumapus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bought the SBR bbl off ARF and installed myself. Lots of fun plinker and very quiet with AAC Pilot
    aaagsg1.jpg

aaagsg2.jpg
    </div></div>

Does anyone make a kinda 3-lug or anything you can put over the barrel to give it that more "authentic" HK look? It just looks odd sticking out like that.

Thinking about doing the same if I pick up a GSG-5 and I'd love to have a 3-lug QD suppressor for it in 22lr.