• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

SBRing a SCAR 16

KACstealth

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2011
The north pole
would anyone mind giving me the pointers to SBRing a SCAR?

if it is a bad idea and i should stray away please let me know

thanks

Re: SBRing a SCAR 16

I have a few friends that have done it. It works out fine. For a while, there was the thought that they might have a taper bore, which could not be a good thing to cut. The only advise I have is to find a good gunsmith that is confident he can cut a chrome-lined barrel. You don't want to chip the chrome lining, as it could lead to rust later on.

I had adco cut my barrel down, and I changed my gas control screw myself in a few minutes. It's given me ~6000 trouble free rounds so far on that barrel, almost all suppressed. Didn't notice any drop off in accuracy either.

Marvin Pitts at Nefarious Arms did my work, I was more than happy with the quality. I went 10", gun has been flawless, before and after.

2012-05-04101724.jpg

holy shit BM! that thing is awesome, and the look i am going for
I have marvins number, so i will give him an email

what form will it be since it is not a factory SBR? and it is ok for myslef to send the forms out, not an FFL right?

it is a form 1, and marvin does great work. i definitely recommend giving him a call.

I talked to a distributor last week about the SBR conversion kits and he is now taking orders for them. He said they are due to him in about 2 months. They are not cheap though.
I have been trying to determine which way to go to get a folding stock SBR, but seeing some of the pictures here and given links to people that will do the work in your existing SCAR, that sure helps in the decision process.

I would love to have both barrels if anyone knows of one for sale I would definetly be a player...I read on the FNH forum someone was going to produce an aftermarket barrel..CMMG I think...