• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scale creeping up in weight

jLorenzo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2017
I bought a Frankford Armoury Intellidropper. I have to rezero the scale every once in awhile between charges, if let to sit and warm up it will creep up .1-.4 or more in an hour or so. I have read amazon reviews that suggest this has to do with unstable power voltage and a power conditioner will remedy the problem. By zeroing it out whenever I notice it creeping, I have got very accurate loads that were checked with another nice scale. Any electrician types have any advice?

I battled this constantly with a chargemaster. I had it hooked to a power cleaner, in a room with no air flow, on a slab of granite and wiped with anti static wipes.

Save and get an FX120 with the V3 autothrow/trickler.

Reactions: PatMiles
I have to rezero the scale every once in awhile between charges,
Rezero or calibrate? You should be rezeroing often when using. Especially with a budget scale. IMO and experience, anyway.

SA
I battled this constantly with a chargemaster. I had it hooked to a power cleaner, in a room with no air flow, on a slab of granite and wiped with anti static wipes.

Same here. I have it set on an antistatic mat to Still drifts. I adapted my methods to throw a gross charge with a powder measure then trickle up to final weight on a Mettled/Toledo analytical balance. Kind of a poor man's auto trickler.

Fluorescent lights don’t typically cause zero drift, nor do power fluctuations. Those cause erratic readings. Zero drift is usually related to temperature changes, either do to electronics heating up after powering on, or ambient temperature changing and tend to go in one direction. I can’t address the FA scale directly, but allowing it to warm up for an hour before use may help and using it in a temperature controlled environment should help.

Static is a possible issue. Wiping with a dryer sheets eliminates that issue.

I have a Chargemaster, and the electronics are pretty stable after power on but I have to use it in an outdoor storage building so ambient temperature is my zero drift issue.

Assuming the issue is truly zero drift, and not calibration, there is no reason that you cannot zero before every charge.

Reactions: Charlie112
I bought an electric scale to speed up my process from spoon feeding a mechanical scale. It drifted, lost its whatever so I sent it back for replacement. The dealer told me these do that. Did not want to replace but rather refund.
I bought a charge
master lite. Awesome. I can call heavy or light throws just by watching it. I use it as a thrower love it.

What kind of power cleaner did you run? I'm getting groups in the .6s-.75s with my AR so I'm happy but its one of those things that sticks in your head. Don't notice it creeping once I actually start using the thrower, only if its let to sit.

What kind of power cleaner did you run? I'm getting groups in the .6s-.75s with my AR so I'm happy but its one of those things that sticks in your head. Don't notice it creeping once I actually start using the thrower, only if its let to
A $200 monster power station.